Fuel System for ported eaton, Whipple 2.3

cobracide

Established Member
Alright, I am sending my newly aquired eaton to POSI for a port. Time for some supporting mods. Going 2.90 upper, 4lb lower, got a BA2400 on the way. I'll be needing some fuel mods. It is either a BAP or I go all out maybe in prep for a Whipple 2.3 later.

FRPP LU60 injectors hi impedance uscar ev6 (8) - flow matched $400
(2) gt pumps $260
zone5 stage 2 fpdm -$260
fore hat (single an8? or dual 6an?) - $420

A $250 boost a pump or $1400 for all the above. Overkill? Absolutely! Having to mess with the fuel system anyway, I figured get it done in one shot. I just want to be ready when the inevitable twin screw upgrade comes calling.

What do you think? Am i missing anything? Am I insane or just have too much money to spend on a car?

96n03Cobra

Kenne screwed me
Established Member
I say if you got the dough do the whole system instead of just the BAP. Leaves it open for more mods in the future.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
BAP will be more than enough for your mods, even once you get the Whipple. 60's most likely won't be needed now with the ported Eaton.

cobracide

Established Member
Eh, maybe you guys are right. Just run a BAP and go. A lot cheaper and I have yet to hear of any issues with the BAP.

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
I ordered the 40a bap with the bap wiring kit. Oh, and a 4lb lower to go with the upcoming ported eaton. Just saved $1k+ in unnecessary fuel mods. Thx!

NITROS COBRA

Established Member
To many people have the opinion that 39 lbs injectors are enough for the ported eaton, yes and no. They do work but are maxed out. They are pushed way beyond what they were designed for, yes, most of the time they work but i would rather use 60 lbs injectors and run them for the ported set ups. They will never come close to maxing out, you will have room to grow ( nos,whipple,etc.), keeps engine cooler because of the correct amout of fuel delivery, the fuel will always be there, to many pros when using 60 lbs injectors. For a couple hundred bucks (and a good tune)= no hurt engine. Small price to pay for a turn key daily driver.

cobracide

Established Member
Only going 2.90 upper, 4lb lower (maybe not after reading crank and snout breakage threads). I think the stock injectors will be good with that because I'm not going all out - yet! Thx!

Last edited:

TERMIN8U!

Just a little 281ci motor
Established Member
Upgrade the whole system. I did and Im happy, I just dont trust a BAP to be able to support 550-600+hp.
I upgraded mine with GT Pumps,Fuel Hat,lines,fittings.. etc plus install for like $1200.
Then I think I got the 60lb Injectors for like $400.

I think its a good idea to upgrade everything but thats just my opinion

stangliter04

Established Member
I will be installing a Whipple in a week or two and from what I understand I can get by on 63lb injectors and a BAP. I do plan on upgrading the pumps after I add a wet kit.

Assaulter

Retired Military
Established Member
Only going 2.90 upper, 4lb lower (maybe not after reading crank and snout breakage threads). I think the stock injectors will be good with that because I'm not going all out - yet! Thx!

:nono:....I consider my car to have moderate mods (stage IV port, 2.76 upper, CAI, high flow catted H-pipe, and of course, a cat-back). My injectors, MAF, lower pulley, and exhaust manifolds are all stock. Last dyno run, the MAF just started to max out, the pumps were on their knees, and the injectors......98%. BUY THE INJECTORS.....and the pumps/BAP.......and an aftermarket MAF/Mafia.

cobracide

Established Member
Ba2400 on the way already, I'll look at the fuel pump and injector duty cycle and make the call there. Gotta love that aeroforce! More than 85% on the injectors is unacceptable.

cobracide

Established Member
Well if I am going to buy the pumps, I'm going to get a Fore hat and a stg2 FPDM - Just like what I was orignally going to do. If I can get by with the BAP and MAF, I will. I will not run the stock injectors over 85% or the fuel pumps much more than that either.

Assaulter

Retired Military
Established Member
Well if I am going to buy the pumps, I'm going to get a Fore hat and a stg2 FPDM - Just like what I was orignally going to do. If I can get by with the BAP and MAF, I will. I will not run the stock injectors over 85% or the fuel pumps much more than that either.

Good call. I needed a bit more "insurance". I went and purchased the GT pumps w/dual FPDMs, Fore precision fuel hat, and Sieman 60lb injectors. As for the MAF went with the BA-2600. I'm just waiting for the BF single blade TB to arrive. Everything else is sitting on the floor of my garage...................right next to the Whipple 2.3. :dancenana:

Users who are viewing this thread