Fuel System for 99GT Drag Project

1slow4vGT

Established Member
My final parts for my 4v swapped 04GT showed up today, so I can finally get going on my Vortech install. Once that is complete, I'm turning my attention to reviving my 99GT. I'm still undecided about going 4v with it or sticking another 2V in it. No interest in going coyote, as this is a budget build and I already have some big money parts to put a bullet proof motor together.

It'll most likely be force fed by a Vortech of some size, don't know yet. Will be running the stock computer, unless it has totally shat the bed from sitting forever. Looking for recommendations on pump(s), hat, tank, return/returnless, etc. I want to keep this budget-ish. 600-800hp range will be the final target with the car.

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member
for that hp and fuel, I'd just go with an aem 340 or a dw 300m. Just drop the tank, put the pump in and splice in the wiring and you're good to go. I would say just to get 80lb siemens deka injectors but they tend to idle weird on 91 or 93. Just to be safe, go with dw95 injectors that way you have headroom for the future. If you want to go the extra mile, you can get a 03-04 cobra baffled tank but it's definitely not necessary. all in all, you'll be into the fuel system probably about $800 but If you wanna go balls to the wall and get a return fuel system, then that's gonna be about $1500-$2000 depending on the options you select and brand of system you go with. I recommend fore innovations, or lethal performance.

Users who are viewing this thread