Fuel system done. Numbers didn't change.

stangfreak

Established Member
Got the return system done. So I decided to add more boost and switch to ms109. I know weather plays a big role. 22lbs vp100 I made 710rwhp 650rwtq. 2.9 whipple btw. The 710 was a cooler day. But today wasn't that hot.

25lbs ms109 I only made 716rwhp 642rwtq. We did notice the tq curve looked a bit funny. Usually the curve has a little arc to it. This was just flat like a table. Kind of odd. Belt didn't seem to slip. Maybe the clutch? Don't know.

I didn't print out the Dyno sheet bc I wasn't too happy.

The car does feel more responsive, it's smooth and in 2nd the car just blows tires completely. It's literally useless. 315's out back. It is what it is I guess.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
That sucks, I would definitely be unhappy if I were you. How many miles since the original 710 pull? I assume same dyno?

stangfreak

Established Member
yea same dyno same tuner. I believe the timing was left alone. I believe the 100 tune had the same timing. Don't quote me but I think its set at 23 degrees. I didn't ask a million questions bc this car has been a head ache since day one. its a under achiever so I lost my patience and said **** it, it is what it is. I dont know if im having any other issues. I was expecting like 730rwhp and maybe 670ish rwtq.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Standard inlet or Crusher? If you are running the standard maybe its just really inefficient and its starving for air? At the end of the day you still have a 700 RWHP car which is pretty impressive!!

TRBO VNM

Did you compare iat2 temps? Log timing?

It may be unwarranted to get frustrated and pissed. There are plenty of variables to consider. Keep in mind, you added boost, so you added heat as well. I would have started out with same boost level to confirm where you were. Then added timing. Finally add boost, reduce timing and then start bringing timing back in.

You mention temps, what about humidity? Not to mention what others have sai here. Too many different things to just throw your hands up and be pissed. Take s step back, regroup and starting looking at these other things.

But bottom line, people put too much stock in dyno numbers. Track numbers tell you where it's at

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I ran the same number at the track with a pump gas tune as I did a MS109 tune because timing was unchanged. The MS109 allows you to increase timing thus make more power. If all you do is change fuel you probably won't see hp go up. Not to mention things like DA on different days. Like said above, don't give up the answer is there you just have to look for it.
Hey, if were easy anyone could do it.

stangfreak

Established Member
Thanks guys. I would also like to add this as well. He was comparing the 710 run when I was running 22 lbs to the 716 I just made at 25 lbs. think he clicked on speed and noticed that when I made 710 it was 5 mph faster on the Dyno than the run now. Does that mean something is slipping?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
If the clutch is slipping that can normally be seen on the dyno graph.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Ia2 temps are big,did they do A street tune first with 5 hits & then switch over to the 109? Did you put one of the big guy in the trunk? Could be spinning on rollers,what tires did you have on big bias ply slick will read low& gear Change? I Finley dialed in mine pissed all Sumer made more power & went slower at track! Until Monday,learn to control it & set your shocks right!

stangfreak

Established Member
Mike, no street tune. I run my car on kill all the time. We had big joe in the back trunk and me in the passanger seat.

I got those shitty nitto nto5 tires on. Thought they were good. I'm ordering mickeys. Used them since day one.

Could be the clutch not sure. The tq curve like I said in a few runs looked funny. It was like a table. No arc. And it lost mph on the Dyno runs. I'm going to the leave the car as is. When it breaks I'll fix it.

stangfreak

Established Member
What did the tuner say? what was his opinion on the numbers

Joey and I were expecting at least 730ish rwhp and 660 670 rwtq. We can't figure out why it made no more power and why the tq curve was just flat. No arc. And lost 4 mph on the Dyno run compared to when I made 710 rwhp on 22 lbs last year

Users who are viewing this thread