Fuel System Cleaners

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Any idea when it will be available? How do you think it will stack up against Chevron?

I really wish you guys would come out with a diesel fuel additive. I've been using the Ford stuff every tank in the SVTP F-350.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Any idea when it will be available? How do you think it will stack up against Chevron?

I really wish you guys would come out with a diesel fuel additive. I've been using the Ford stuff every tank in the SVTP F-350.

I don't have very much info yet but it is supposed to be available in January I believe.

It is a gasoline and diesel fuel additive, it cleans both engine types.

No cetain booster though, a cetain booster obviously would not be beneficial in a cleaner intended for both gas and diesel.

My understanding is that it is current state of the art technology and NOT just a me too cleaner. I expect it will be the new "best available".:beer:

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
Jimmy,
Do you have any idea how any of these gas additives will react to the fuel cell bladder in my 2000R? I have used the Chevron/Techron; only on the first track session knowing it will be burned up by the end of the day and therefore not sitting in the bladder all night or for several weeks.
Thanks glade to hear they let you out.
Gary.

Mystic03

Established Member
I don't have very much info yet but it is supposed to be available in January I believe.

It is a gasoline and diesel fuel additive, it cleans both engine types.

No cetain booster though, obviously would not be beneficial in a cleaner for both gas and diesel.

My understanding is that it is current state of the art technology and just a me too cleaner. I expect it will be the new "best available".:beer:

when is this product gona be available!? :beer:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm going to have to pick some up and try it out. I really wish you guys would come out with a diesel cetane booster and fuel conditioner.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
what mileage do you start using a cleaner?

If your fuels include a cleaner and you are not running direct injection(like Eco-Boost) you can go to about 30,000 I would think, and then probably just once or twice a year.

If your fuels don't include a cleaner or you are running a direct injection engine, I am thinking you will want to start using it right away, every over tank full.

Jimmy since you work for RP do you happen to have the part no. for this RP fuel cleaner? I just looked at the online catalog for RP and they don't have this fuel cleaner listed on there.

Advanced Auto appears to use RP part numbers for their catalog as well and I would like to see if they can get this for me. I'm a sucker for fuel cleaners. Thanks buddy.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Royal Purple.... Let me guess, $36.95 a pop....

LOL! No about 1/2 that.

Jimmy since you work for RP do you happen to have the part no. for this RP fuel cleaner? I just looked at the online catalog for RP and they don't have this fuel cleaner listed on there.

Advanced Auto appears to use RP part numbers for their catalog as well and I would like to see if they can get this for me. I'm a sucker for fuel cleaners. Thanks buddy.

Part #11722.

Summit Racing: Royal Purple Max-Clean Fuel System Cleaner & Stabilizer 11722 - SummitRacing.com
Pace Performance: RPM11722 - Royal Purple Max-Clean Fuel System Cleaner, 20 oz. Can

Jegs, Amazon, and Luck7trucks not yet loaded.

rp_zpsddcd66d2.png

Well time to see now if there's any way to determine if these cleaners bump fuel economy some how.

I have to say the bottle this Max-Clean comes in is enormous. Its like the size of one of those giant energy drinks.

This is what's difficult about evaluating these kind of products. I dumped the Max-Clean in today. But we had some rather strange weather in NJ today. It was actually 79F compared to our usual 30s - 40s. BUT I did see maybe about a 2mpg increase compared to normal in a mix of all kinds of highway driving.

BUT the Resiche t-stat that I run keeps the coolant temps very low in 30F - 40F temps. So I could very well be seeing a mpg improvement die to much hotter coolant temps, which I did see today in the 79F temps.

Thoughts?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Unless there was something majorly crudded up in your fuel system/engine I'd find it hard to believe a 2 MPG increase from just some cleaner. Still, the possibility is there.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
rp_zpsddcd66d2.png

I have to say the bottle this Max-Clean comes in is enormous. Its like the size of one of those giant energy drinks.

I've used a bunch of that Red Line SI-1, good stuff.

I wonder is RP Max-Clean is a PEA based cleaner like Techron, PI, and SI-1? Does it have any sort of upper cylinder lubricant?

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'd say run a bottle through every 3000-5000 miles, basically when you do an oil change. They're safe for aftermarket injectors.

Users who are viewing this thread