Fuel System Cleaners

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Heard some very interesting news today, but I can not spill the beans.

Hmmm.:p:-D

Hrrmmmm.:pop:

Thanks to this thread I went out and bought 2 of the concentrated bottles last night at walmart. They didnt have the 20oz bottles just the 10. I use shitty walmart gas so it might need a good cleaning.

Auto parts stores tend to carry the 20 oz bottles.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I did not see anyone mention Valvoline Complete Fuel System Cleaner. I have used it on used cars I have purchased and noticed a difference in driveablity half way throught the tank full. Cars I have owned a while I really don't notice a huge difference since I'll throw in a bottle about once a year.

So you guys are giving Chevron PRO-GARD Fuel Injector Cleaner with Techron a big thumbs up?

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Does the concentrated vs the 20oz make a difference? Or should I pour my second bottle in?

You can buy the concentrated one in a 20 Oz bottle iff you like.

So you guys are giving Chevron PRO-GARD Fuel Injector Cleaner with Techron a big thumbs up?

Pro-Gaurd isn't the version I'm using. This is what I've used with success:

techron-label.jpg

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Some of the severe oil consumption issues plaguing many modern engine designs and car manufacturers are in fact being caused by low drag/low tension piston rings becoming coked with deposits and getting stuck in the ring lands.

They are supposed to push out against the walls under compression and high cylinder pressure, when they are coked they can't.

The GM 5.3L V8 and the Toyota 2.4L 4 cylinder are just two of the many victims of this fairly common malady.

You can combat this by using a fuel that already contains a cleaner and by regularly supplementing that with some of the cleaners mentioned in this thread.

Using synthetic oils will keep the lower half of the pistons and the rest of the inside of the engine MUCH cleaner than conventional oils can. They are worth the extra money on many different levels.

03 VENOM

Established Member
I added a can of STP fuel injector cleaner to a half tank of gas. Then I filled it up. Drove around a little bit. Let the car sit for a couple weeks and then my Cobra ran so much better. I do let the car sit a lot too. Every winter I add stabil too

Last edited:

proudgeek

OCD
Established Member
Techron is the only additive that has mace z noticeable difference in any of my vehicles. I have tried lucas and a few others with no noticeable change.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Care to comment Jimmy???

SEMA_2012_New_Products_036.jpg

Oh that's right you are at SEMA!

That is where the announcement will take place, my understanding is that this is some very serious stuff, however I..... The lowly tech guy do not have the authorized launch product information.

Plus... I'm on the first vacation I have had in 4 years.:rockon::-D

Users who are viewing this thread