Fuel setup question...

whiteness

Established Member
the car is an 03 mach 1. has frpp stage 1 heads, comp stage 2 cams, ported intake, full uncatted bassani exhaust, and a p1sc on 6lbs, makes 495whp.

its a stock shortblock and a conservative tune. the car also has a twin focus pump setup and a set of 42lb. injectors. it was detuned from the initial 531whp tune.

in a few weeks we are looking to put a built shortblock in it and actually make the blower do work.

the question:

does anyone have any idea how much horsepower the twin focus pumps can handle? i would like to see about 600whp on them if possible.

i just wonder if we will max out the 42lb. injectors before the fuel pump. in which case we would throw some 60lbs. injectors in it and go from there.

a fuel system isnt in the budget this summer so we are trying to gauge how far we can push the stock lines and focus pumps before itll actually need a full fuel system.

any input is appreciated. thanks svtperformance!

01yellercobra

Established Member
You will need to upgrade the injectors. The 42's are good for about mid 500's I believe. I'm in the 600 range on GT pumps. I don't know about the Focus pumps. Will the P1 make enough boost to make 600hp?

whiteness

Established Member
it shouldnt have a problem. its only tuned on 6psi now. when we get the shortblock installed we are going to throw some blower cams in it as well.

kurgan said it should be good for about 575whp now but it was detuned to keep the rotating assembly in one piece.

i assume with a set of blower cams, an 8psi pulley and a solid tune it should make some good numbers! thanks for the feedback!

Users who are viewing this thread