fuel setup for e85?

jcveron

Established Member
i am thinking of the 2.8LC KB, stage 3 cams, e85 and spray. looking to hit 800 without the spray and 850 with the spray. i dont know much about e85 or what the proper fuel setup should be. I know it should be a return style but dont know what size injectors to use. I am guessing at least 105 lbers but i dont know the difference between low or high impendance (spelling?) if someone could clue me in on what the proper fuel setup i should run. also if you have any comments or suggestions on how i should go about this build i am all ears. if you think these numbers are possible or not any info would be greatly appreciated. i am trying to do as much research before i spend the money on this.

thanks
:beer:

blacknlte

Established Member
First need a little more info on your motor setup, stock, built, etc... Second a 3 pump return system with the 105lb should be plenty for what your wanting to make. Third the injectors you need are high impend, they with work with your stock computer like you factory ones. Low impend injectors have to have its own computer system to run and tune them. Or run Big Stuff 3 which is not the route you need to go with a street car.

Fuel system
Lethal Performance 03-04 Cobra Triple Pump Fuel System [LP-0304COBTRIPLEPUMPSYS] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Injectors
Bosch 105lb High Impedence MINITIMER High Flow Injector [LP-BOSCH105] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

jcveron

Established Member
hey man thanks for that. as far as the build that is what i am seeking opinions and knowledge on. right now i guess im thinking stock block and stock heads.

blacknlte

Established Member
You can reach that with stock head, but youll be pushing your luck with the stock short block.

04sleeper brains would be the best to pick on the 03-04

jamescb77

Established Member
it's very doable. another member on here hit 750 with e85 a 2.8 mammoth and i believe 23 pounds of boost. You will have to run a bit more boost but the cams are going to help out. He was also running out of fuel but only had 80# inj

99 GT vert

Established Member
everything is stock except my pistons with a 2.8h KB w/ 20 psi. hoping to get close to 675 rwhp on e85 and knock on 700 rwhp on e98 but not sure how close to those numbers i will be

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i am thinking of the 2.8LC KB, stage 3 cams, e85 and spray. looking to hit 800 without the spray and 850 with the spray. i dont know much about e85 or what the proper fuel setup should be. I know it should be a return style but dont know what size injectors to use. I am guessing at least 105 lbers but i dont know the difference between low or high impendance (spelling?) if someone could clue me in on what the proper fuel setup i should run. also if you have any comments or suggestions on how i should go about this build i am all ears. if you think these numbers are possible or not any info would be greatly appreciated. i am trying to do as much research before i spend the money on this.

thanks
:beer:

My recommendation would be to go with the triple return setup. Return is a much better way to go. There's no electronics to worry about and you'll be able to support more power with them as the GSS342 pumps are more potent than the Ford GT ones used in the returnless setups.

If you have any other questions please feel free to give us a call and we'll be more than happy to help you out.

Thanks, Jared

First need a little more info on your motor setup, stock, built, etc... Second a 3 pump return system with the 105lb should be plenty for what your wanting to make. Third the injectors you need are high impend, they with work with your stock computer like you factory ones. Low impend injectors have to have its own computer system to run and tune them. Or run Big Stuff 3 which is not the route you need to go with a street car.

Fuel system
Lethal Performance 03-04 Cobra Triple Pump Fuel System [LP-0304COBTRIPLEPUMPSYS] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Injectors
Bosch 105lb High Impedence MINITIMER High Flow Injector [LP-BOSCH105] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Thanks for the support Alan!

firedog90

Established Member
it's very doable. another member on here hit 750 with e85 a 2.8 mammoth and i believe 23 pounds of boost. You will have to run a bit more boost but the cams are going to help out. He was also running out of fuel but only had 80# inj

With my previous setup in sig I made 740 on a dynapack dyno at 21 or 22lbs of boost and 708 on a mustang dyno. That was just switching dynos and nothing else. I had 80lb injectors and was running twin gt's that were running on 99% duty cycle.

Drazga

Established Member
This is what I'm looking to do eventually. Built Bottom End, 2.8 LC KB, Return Style, E85, 150 Shot.

Users who are viewing this thread