Fuel rails

DRAGUL

Established Member
I just tracked down getting a hold of the previous owner of my car, trying to get any info on what has been done. I was happy to learn he still has the sct tuner, and I am buying that off him. He also stated he bought the aeromotives fuel rails for the car and never put them on, and would sell them to me. My question is do I really need to change the fuel rails? I did find out the car has a new aluminator motor n/a with the 10.25/1 ratio. It has ford racing 30 lb. injectors. I also have a jlt cold air intake and a bbk 65mm throttle body. I am familiar with carburated engines and this is all new to me. I just was not sure if I really needed.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
For where you're currently at you don't need them. If there's big power in your future and the price is right, it might be worth buying them and setting them off to the side. I'm still running the stock lines and rails with my set up.

DRAGUL

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I would like a supercharger but never considered it because I know owning a 01, the motor should be forged. I always thought that, with what it would cost to do I might as well sell it and buy a 03 or 04. Finding out now that the car has a forged aluminator motor puts it in a different perspective. I do not know if I will be able to add one with such high compression? And I think the top of the block has to be reworked to make it fit.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
You'll be fine with boost and 10:1 compression. I'm at 9.5 right now and kind of wish I went a little higher.

Users who are viewing this thread