Fuel Rail

forced03

Established Member
While installing my fuel pressure sensor to the fuel rail this morning the adapter broke in half so it is stuck in the fuel rail. Don't ask me how :bash:

Anyway, I tried backing it out but no luck. It started dropping metal shavings into the fuel so I stopped.

Should I replace with another stock fuel rail or should I try an aftermarket one since I am swapping anyway. Anyone know the part # for Ford fuel rail?

I am pretty much stock except intake and exhaust.

randy

Established Member
just remove the rail(you will have to regardless) and see if you can remove what is left of the adapter. If you are successful, simply wash it out with solvent and you are good to go. I don't know if our rails differ from others, but chances are they will be very expensive at dealer. If they are the same as other cars Ford sells, just get one used. The stock rail is good for whatever power you want to make, as proved by members of this forum...good luck

Joe Lynch

Established Member
I've actually done the pressure drop calcs on the 99 fuel rails which are 5/16" and found that there is less than 0.5 psi difference between the lowest and the highest pressure at the injectors at 500 hp total with 150 hp nitrous system fuel from the passenger side rail and 350 hp motor fuel flow.

You can't buy just one side anyway. You will have to do as Randy recommended--remove the assembly, use an easyout or something to get the broken piece out, then retap. Check the thread before you tap. I think it is metric.

Joe

forced03

Established Member
Thanks. I haven't pulled the fuel rail yet but I am thinking the broken fitting is not going to come out easily. I tried using a craftsman bit (for removing broken screws) but since the fitting is hollow all it did is bore out the fitting while dropping some nice metal shaving into the rail. Is this the right tool?

Also, since i did not remove the rail right away, is there any chance that these shavings could float back into the fuel system. Once I have the fuel rail off is it possible to run the fuel pump to make sure all the shavings out out of the lines?

Users who are viewing this thread