Fuel pumps failed now they work?

gaspasr

Established Member
Was driving around cruising at 30mph or so when I felt car stutter and die a few seconds later. I quickly realized that pumps were not turning on after I tried to crank it. I had the car towed to the house. I tried then to start it and again pumps were not coming on. Maybe an hour later I tried it and I heard the pumps kick in and car started without issues. Any help troubleshooting is appreciated. Thanks svtp.

Fuel system is lethals return setup 1200hp.

gaspasr

Established Member
Got home right now. Heard pumps kick in. Car started. Checked fuel gauge and it was reading 20psi or so. Turned it off cause it sounded like it was just going to run out of fuel. Turned on ignition and pumps don't come on now. Checked fuses out in the trunk. They are intact and also checked w voltmeter.
Recently I changed my fuel filter cause it was clogged. Maybe too much strain on pumps that they now gave out?
E85 fuel, pumps r the 400s
System in for maybe 650 miles

Last edited:

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
Last edited:

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
What pumps do u have and what type of gas are u using? Nevermind, just missed you already answered that

Last edited:

bizzmeister

Captain America
Established Member
So maybe all the gunk in filter was from pumps as someone stated in the distillery.

Have it checked out by a shop just to be on the safe side bud. Im running the same kit, 2 walbro 405's on E85 too but im using a different fuel filter. This is what lethal recommends on their 1200whp kit so I don't know :shrug:

gaspasr

Established Member
I have the 400s. I'm pretty sure. Fuel system was installed a few months back but car was not ready due to tuning issues until recently. At that time there were no 465 or 405 to choose from. I clearly remember calling lethal as well as my mechanic and being told that the 400s were compatible w e85.
I'm lucky I didn't blow up engine now twice!! Clogged filter and probably now dead pumps after 650 miles of use.

Last edited:

gaspasr

Established Member

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
I will state that lethal performance team have been awesome with me especially Jared. Great guys but is normal if they were mistaken on this subject. All I see on the net is that F9000262 aren't e85 compatible

gaspasr

Established Member
It states system is fully compatible with e85...

The newest addition to the Lethal Performance fuel system lineup is this 1200+rwhp capable return style fuel system. Not only have we made the systems more affordable but easier to install. The new 1200+rwhp system uses only 2 pumps. That' right (2) 400lph twin turbine DCSS pumps from Walbro will supply the same amount of fuel as our older 3 pump GSS342 system did. Since the system only uses (2) pumps there's no more triple pump upgrade kit or 3-into-1 y-block needed. The new hat which houses the new 400lph DCSS pumps has oversize bores for it's feed and return. We've also moved over from the npt style fitting to o-ring style fittings which form a better seal and are easier to work with.

This system is completely compatible with E85 as all of the aluminum used in it has been anodized and the o-rings used are Viton.

gaspasr

Established Member
I guess they don't specifically say the pumps are compatible but they state the system is which includes the 400 pumps when you order them:shrug:

I'm totally confused now. Is there an old 400 and now a new 400 which is e85 compatible. Is this 405 just a newer 400. I see the 465 everywhere as being the only one e85 compatible which comes in the 1400 kit that was not available when I purchased mine. So what comes in the 1200 kit now?

I just don't know what to order now since I was assured the "old" 400 were e85 compatible when I ordered them. Back then it was only the budget, 1000hp, and 1200hp kits that were available. I went with their best and got 650 miles out of it. :nonono:

I will call them Monday. And I agree w lethal customer support being top notch. I've ordered a lot of things w no issues.

Last edited:

gaspasr

Established Member
Ordered my kit back mid May 2012. At that time I don't know what pumps came in their kits...400,405,416
Seems there are only two models. The f90000262 and 267. Ill be buying the 267. $$$$:cuss:

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Man they change up pumps so much. And info on sites are misleading.
Do you all have air fuel ratio gauges that tell you to shut it down if a pump fails before the motor gets damaged? Thanks

Last edited:

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
I bet your filters are just clogged again.. drop the tank and see whats going on in there.. a hose could have popped off from pump to pump..

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
Ordered my kit back mid May 2012. At that time I don't know what pumps came in their kits...400,405,416
Seems there are only two models. The f90000262 and 267. Ill be buying the 267. $$$$:cuss:

Is weird because I don't see any 400s walbros F9000267. Only part number I see for 267 is the 465 lph walbro. Where is the new walbro F9000267 400lph on their site?

Users who are viewing this thread