Fuel pump(s) for high hp and e85

Packerfan88

Established Member
I built a 03 Mach 1 and made 9xx on e85 through a single MP 4303, but it was maxed out. Just bought a 97 cobra and I am going to twin turbo it and shoot for anything north of 1k, not sure if I am going to go auto or manual. I would like the fuel system to be 1200 (or more) rear wheel capable. What are you guys using? I was thinking dual 4303's (one on a hobbs) but worried about the voltage draw from two when in wot. Thinking about one 4303 with a smaller external such as the .044 or aem 340 designed for e85. Lets hear it thanks in advance.

Bandit5.4

Slow driver
Established Member
Lethal Performance return style kits will take care of everything. I have their kit with dual 465 walbros. Enough fuel for over 1200hp and E85 compatible..

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The Fore triple pump controller and triple pump setup is nice. They make it easy.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Guys, he has a sumped tank running an external pump. I don't think he wants to redo his entire fuel system and switch to internal.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Guys, he has a sumped tank running an external pump. I don't think he wants to redo his entire fuel system and switch to internal.

It's much easier to just regurgitate what someone else has done than to actually read what the guy has and go from there. Geez....

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
It's much easier to just regurgitate what someone else has done than to actually read what the guy has and go from there. Geez....

The OP asked "what are you guys using?" Why wouldn't he want to hear what guys are using? I am using the triple Fore pump and controller, no hobbs, it works.

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
I run dual 4303's on my twin car and so does my buddy in his TT 93 cobra. No jobs switch and it worked perfect no issues at all.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
I've seen multiple people run 4303's. If you have a standalone you can control each one separate rather than using a hobbs.

04cobrawhine

Established Member
I run a single Weldon 2345 pump with their PWM controller so the fuel doesn't heat up and keeps current draw down. That pump will support any amount of HP a mod motor will ever make.

Packerfan88

Established Member
My car is bone stock right now. I made the mistake of going multiple routes with fuel on my PREVIOUS car and ended with a 4303. This car i want to do it once. i would love to just use the Glenns pick up tube and not purchase a tank if i don't have too BUT to do it right i will. I was also contemplating a MP4703 since i don't drive the car long at any time. I do appreciate everyones input and sorry if my original post confused anyone.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Are you ok with running another sumped tank or are you looking for a drop in system?

FWIW I installed a Glenn's system in a buddies 97 GT. It was the kit that came with the sumped tank and mounted the pumps in front of the tank. It had twin 255's and Glenn told him it was good for 1000hp. I just can't remember if that was gas or E85. I thought it was a good set up and I'd run one if I had an SN95.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
If you are stock an internal hat is the easiest with 465 pumps. However at that power level I'd be looking into a mechanical pump or large single pump/fuel cell. 1200rwhp is no joke.

Users who are viewing this thread