fuel pump or boost a pump??

RARESNAKE

Established Member
Wanting to upgrade but not sure to go with a dual boost a pump or swapping out both of the pumps for a high performance version??

any opinions or experiences would be appreciated

thanks

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Better output pumps would be my recommendation. Kenne Belle Boostapumps seem to work very well, butbid personally just rather have a better pump. Ran a VMP pukp booster and while it worked, i always wondered what would happen if it failed. At least with pumps if they fail, your engine doesnt run as opposed to running lean before boom time

V8Flexin

Established Member
Are the 13-14 pumps higher output and plug and play? I'm trying to get to the 700rwhp mark but heard the stock 07-09 fuel system is only good to 650ish.

builttodrive

Established Member
You can swap out your stock pumps for the DW300M plug and play pumps for more capacity. I am using these pumps with VMP dual plug and play boosters and with E85 making 704 RWHP. If you were on 92-93 octane you would have plenty of fuel supply with this setup but since E85 requires about 30% more fuel I am just about maxing out this system and the next step would be to go to a return system with larger pumps.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Are the 13-14 pumps higher output and plug and play? I'm trying to get to the 700rwhp mark but heard the stock 07-09 fuel system is only good to 650ish.

It really depends in your tuner and what they recommend. Id start there and then decide how you want to upgrade.

Im with lund and i believe he will tune with uprated pumps or a fuel pump booster. JDM only recommends pump upgrades. VMP will tune both.

V8Flexin

Established Member
You can swap out your stock pumps for the DW300M plug and play pumps for more capacity. I am using these pumps with VMP dual plug and play boosters and with E85 making 704 RWHP. If you were on 92-93 octane you would have plenty of fuel supply with this setup but since E85 requires about 30% more fuel I am just about maxing out this system and the next step would be to go to a return system with larger pumps.
Yeah the dual 340lph pumps sound like the best route for me as it does't add another possible point of failure and keep the pump duty cycle low.

builttodrive

Established Member
Yes that is where they are located. The DW300M pumps gave me more capacity but it wasn't a huge amount from the stock pumps. Gains on 92-93 may be more significant but with e85 there wasn't a big difference. I wouldn't be worried about running boost a pumps. There are a lot of people using them and maybe a hand full of failures but I've never heard of one.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
depends on wat the future holds for u. if u wanna make more power down the road go with a good fuel pump like a Fore. if staying under 700 hp the BAP shud work just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread