Fuel Pump??? Need other Car Smart PPL in here.

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
I have a 97 GT Mustang with pretty much stock everything. It seems after the car sits for along time it has a HARD time cranking back up. The 1st crank never fires up and the 2nd crank the stang fires up. I had a buddy look @ my car and he hooked up some guage thing to this fuel thing ontop of the injector rail. He told me to fire up the car to see what my fuel pressue was. On start up it @ 28 PSI which he said is low. He said my car should atleast be @ 34ish on start up. (or he might said 40ish.. i cant remember)

Now heres another problem. He said when the car is turned off the pressue is suppose to be stable and steady. However, on my car my fuel pressuse droped down from 28 to 15 within 10min. Now we believe when its having a hard time cranking in the morning because by than my fuel pressue has dropped down to 0.

What do you think it is? Fuel pump? We just changed the fuel filter and that didnt fix the problem.

My buddy is a mehanic so i trust his opinion , but im just wondering what some of you guys think?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread