Fuel pump issue

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
I have a glens sump set up. I am running two 255 external pumps on my car now. One of them burned out. Should I step to an a1000 with voltage regulator so it does not run hot? Replace the single pump that was bad? No e85 here. Running stock motor with t76 hellion precession kit. Pushes 18 pounds. 80 pound injectors with aeromotive rails, -8 feeding the regulator. What would u guys do?

itSSlow98

Established Member
I have a sumped tank with an Aeromotive Eliminator and no controller. I've driven almost 8 hrs continuously before with no issues as well as a few trips 3hrs. The pump is LOUD though. If what you had worked prior I would just replace the 255.

turbogt42

Established Member
I'm looking to get away from my aeromotive pumps as well. Mine are in a Ricks Hot Rod Stainless Steel tank and they are killing me with how loud they are. I honest cant enjoy the car. I'm planning on pulling the tank, and switching to a glenns sumped tank with twin external inlines. Just trying to decide whether to go with twin Walbros or Twin Bosch 044's.

itSSlow98

Established Member
I have no desire to switch because it works and will support a ton of power. I mounted mine on some rubber by the bumper and it cut the noise in half.

turbogt42

Established Member
Well, I sold my two aeromotive pumps and gonna go with either two bosch 044's or two walbro gsl392's. Also gotta get a new fuel tank. I'm looking at purchasing a glenns performance 16gal. sumped tank or putting a sump on a stock tank myself. Any suggestoins?

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
I went with Glenns set up and have not had any issues with it. I just can not decided if i am better with the A1000 pump or two 255 Aeromotives. People say the A1000s get hot and shut off so you need to run a driver, then people say they are loud. I have not seen any issues out of the two pumps yet.

turbogt42

Established Member
That was my big complaint about the aeromotives is that they were really loud even with them in tank. Plus I've read so many stories about them failing with extended street driving. I had a buddy making well over 1000 hp on E85 with two Bosch 044's.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
I went with Glenns set up and have not had any issues with it. I just can not decided if i am better with the A1000 pump or two 255 Aeromotives. People say the A1000s get hot and shut off so you need to run a driver, then people say they are loud. I have not seen any issues out of the two pumps yet.

Hey man, don't worry about your pump. I ran an A1000 for 3-4000 miles, including stop in go traffic in Detroit in summer heat. The A1000 is very robust and reliable, and as long as its somewhere it can breath it won't have any overheating issues. Mine has seen a ton of long cruises and idle time without a controller and it never missed a beat.

Users who are viewing this thread