fuel pump iertia Cut Off bypass

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Last night at the track I had two failures, first of which is simple. The inertia cutoff tripped on launch. What is everyone doing to bypass these?

Steve Cea

Established Member
Not sure I would want to bypass that ? It's there for a reason ? Is this happening to you all the time ? If so that switch might be defective ? I'm just grabbing at straws but if not a common occurrence I would just leave it alone and let it do its job ? Just my .02

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

big dad

Established Member
That's the first time I've heard of that but obviously it can happen I guess if the car hooks hard enough and there is a shock that is great enough to cause it to trip the switch. The easiest way to bypass the inertia switch is to simply run a jumper wire at the switch connector, but remember that if the vehicle is involved in a crash where the fuel system is compromised and the pumps continue to run it will be rockets red glare, bombs bursting in air.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
It is mostly a track car. I guess it probably doesn't happen because most people aren't dumb enough to launch off the two-step at 5000 RPM with the spec five clutch and slicks on a well prepped track. I think a lot of the cars in the 1.3 60 range have this completely removed but I really don't know. If that's not the case I will replace this one and assume that it is just a faulty

cj428mach

Established Member
Id trya new switch. If that doesn't cure it id just splice in a wire om each side of the inertia switch and put an on/off switch then you can bypass the inertia switch when necessary.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
I had the same problem. Just take out the switch and connect both wires together. Problem solved and it'll never give you a problem. This is what I did.

Users who are viewing this thread