Fuel Pump Help

Handymann3

Hello new here and I was looking for some input. I have a 2003 SVT Cobra and while having the car re tuned we found the fuel pumps to be on the way out. Still made 551rwhp but limited to 5000rpm before pumps where maxed. It's got a 2.3 Whipple, 62lb injectors and Meth injection. I'd like to see 600rwhp and if we get a bit more that's a bonus. Ultimately I'll be going return style fuel system but that's atleast a year out at this point. Right now I'd like to have the car safe and drive able with the current system. I'm not sure what pumps are currently in the tank but it's on stock FPDM and no boost a pump. I do have a BAP on the shelf and plan on doing a wiring upgrade with the new pumps.

So the question is do I buy stock replacement pumps and do the wiring upgrade with a BAP or is there other options out there? I have seen the Deaschwerks 340 pumps but im not sure about them working on a stock FPDM. Im also not sure if it's worth it because from what I understand you can support 700hp on stock pumps with a BAP. Any and all input is appreciated

44shelby

Established Member
If its just your fuel pumps going out id replace them with the ford gt supercar pumps and keep driving it until you can get the return system. The pumps should be like 120$ each and are drop in replacements.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I wouldn't say drop in. You'll need to figure out the wiring and probably also do the PPRV delete. I believe that was the easiest way to hook up the fuel lines.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with the Ford GT pump replacement recommendation. I usually tell people use the BAP if you can't or don't want to upgrade the pumps. One is a mechanical replacement. The other is an electronic enhancement to factory pumps.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I second GT pumps. I made 612 RWHP on them, No BAP needed.

You will need DUAL FPDM hardness and figure out the best way to get new power wires into the stock hat. Easiest way is to buy a new return style fuel hat and just plug the return fitting. It takes some creativity to run them in a stock hat. I can guide you on making your own DUAL FPDM harness nearly all plug and play.

Users who are viewing this thread