Fuel pump fuse melted!

evoryne

Established Member
Hey guys need some help, Ive had my boosted 13 5.0 for a few years now running great, but recently my car died on me while driving on the highway. I opened the fuse box and my fuel pump fuse is completely melted to where I’ll probly have to replace the whole box. Could this be caused by my boost a pump? Does anyone have any experience with this? Any advice is appreciated thanks!

TVSed GT

Established Member
That’s a serious bummer. Did you install a higher amperage fuse with the BAP? Still don’t think that would cause melting, unsure why the fuse wouldn’t open under higher than normal amperage unless the fuse itself was defective.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Hey guys need some help, Ive had my boosted 13 5.0 for a few years now running great, but recently my car died on me while driving on the highway. I opened the fuse box and my fuel pump fuse is completely melted to where I’ll probly have to replace the whole box. Could this be caused by my boost a pump? Does anyone have any experience with this? Any advice is appreciated thanks!

I would a assume the bap adding more volts is causing more heat. May want to check other wires too.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
You said it happened on the highway, how long were you driving the car for? What brand pump booster? Does it run full time or only come on under full throttle?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

evoryne

Established Member
You said it happened on the highway, how long were you driving the car for? What brand pump booster? Does it run full time or only come on under full throttle?

I was only driving the car For about 10min, it’s a kennebell 40amp, and it runs full time. I ended up relocating the fuel pump fuse and upgrading the wiring to a 10 gauge wire to handle the increased power demand, pretty much made the same kit as the department of boost fuel pump wire upgrade kit and so far so good.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Good call on the wire upgrade, I bet that alone will solve your problems. On the 03-04 cobras running pump boosters a wire upgrade was almost a must.

Users who are viewing this thread