Fuel Pressure Sending Unit: Remote Mount and -4AN Braided Line Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Quick How-to for remotely hooking up a Fuel Pressure sending unit to your fuel line with Braided line and Russell -4AN fittings.

I just decided to remotely mount the sending unit away from the engine for vibration reasons. I know that most people just hook the sending unit up directly to the fuel rail with an adapter fitting and have no issues with it. This is just another option for you.

First you need to remove the valve from the fuel rail on the passengers side of the engine.
DSCN1694.jpg

You will need a 9mm socket to get the valve out of the line.
DSCN1699.jpg

DSCN1695.jpg

This is the adapter from Russell that goes from 1/16" NPT to -4AN (Russell part# 640890).
DSCN1688.jpg

Just use some liquid teflon around the threads for the fuel lines and tighten the fitting into the rail.

DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE FITTING!!! It an aluminum fitting and it will snap if you use to much force.
DSCN1722.jpg

Once it's installed you can run your -4AN line. I used a 90 degree -4AN Russell fitting (Russell part# 610150) for the fuel rail connection and six feet of -4AN braided line.
DSCN1698-1.jpg

If you need to know how to make an AN fitting, check out Spencers How-To for the SD tranny Cooler.
http://69.13.120.175/forums/showthread.php?p=5598838#post5598838
He shows you perfectly what you need to do to make one.

I then ran the Braided Line under the SC snout and over next to the CAI box and around the side of the Fuse box (BJB/Battery Junction Box). If you have anything polished be very careful when you are running the line. With just slight pressure it will scratch any surfaces that are polished or painted.
DSCN1713.jpg

DSCN1714.jpg

DSCN1715.jpg

DSCN1712.jpg

I ran the wiring from the gauge out the grommet above the throttle pedal on the firewall (It's the one that has the factory black boost line going through it.) to the sending unit. The wiring was just the perfect length and it did not need to be lengthened at all.
DSCN1711.jpg

These are the Russell part numbers that I used to make the connection to the sending unit. They are in order from the Braided line to the sending unit.
Russel part# 610010 (-4AN Straight fitting)
Russell part# 660430 (-4AN fitting to 1/4" NPT thread)
Russell part# 661450 (1/4" NPT female coupler)

When it was all done it works flawlessly and I could not be happier with the outcome and the install.
DSCN1703-1.jpg

I have to give big thanks to Cody / ADDNAMEHERE for the unbelievable gesture on his part concerning this gauge. He will always be a valued SVTP member to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread