Fuel gauge stopped working after PPVR Delete

Nervouswreck

Established Member
So i did my PPRV delete and i fixed my hesitation issue perfectly, but now after i did my first fill up on my tank , the needle went up to full for a second then fell right back down to empty and won’t work , plus my check engine light came on with the low fuel light too . I checked the code for the check engine light and indeed it’s for fuel . So i dropped the tank today and removed the hat , everything looks ok but the arm/float seems like it has no resistance in it and it clicks when i move it up and down too . Is that normal?

What could be the issue ? The float ?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CompO_Eric

Arch Enemy of the Prius
Established Member
Might want to replace the arm. IIRC the float is grounded to the the brace on the pump. You should be able to measure resistance and see a change as the float arm moves.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03' White Snake

Established Member
Check the little yellow wire on sender. Sounds like you broke it. I re-soldered mine when I broke mine. The float does not have steps, it will move smoothly.

20180814_192421_zpsh57kmttf.jpg

20180814_192117_zpselnzr66j.jpg

20180814_193857_zpsjavueuhy.jpg

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

Nervouswreck

Established Member
Check the little yellow wire on sender. Sounds like you broke it. I re-soldered mine when I broke mine. The float does not have steps, it will move smoothly.

View attachment 1593573

View attachment 1593574

View attachment 1593608

Mine clicks bad when it moves . I already ordered one from Tasca , the wire was fine . Thank you very , very much for the pics and now i know what to look for in the future

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread