Fuel Gauge issue

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
I put a new fore fuel system in the car and my gauge showed no fuel at all. Took the tank back out and found out I had messed up the sending unit. Bought a new one put it in and all worked.

While data logging and tuning the car I noticed the gauge would read fine when the key was first turned on. Then after a while, sometimes a few minutes to several minutes and the gauge would read empty and low fuel would come on. I've had a few times that it does the opposite and reads full when it's not. It did throw a cel P0463 as well.

Could it be a bad sending unit even though it's new? Or something else? The only other thing I've wired up was a boost gauge. I was going to unhook it and see if that was causing some grounding issues.

cj428mach

Established Member
How long does the gauge issue last? A second at a time?

Its common with sct for there to be cluster problems when datalogging.

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
That was my initial thought because I had things grounded and stuff to datalog. However, I unhooked everything last night and went for a test drive. About 5 minutes into the drive the gauge went to empty and never came back until I shut the car off and turned the key back on. It seems like when it does do this it doesn't come back until the car is turned off. However, I honestly haven't driven it a bunch yet.

EDIT: I haven't unhooked the battery and let the car sit since I've data logged. Do you think it would be beneficial to do this and just see?

Users who are viewing this thread