Fuel gauge HELP NEEDED!!!!

Chais92

Established Member
Ok guys in serious need of help!! My car has a cobra fuel hat with stock twin cobra pumps in the factory GT tank. I know that this is a bad idea due to the absence of a baffle system but that's not the problem now. My gauge is acting really odd! When completely full it reads full but as soon as you get a little ways down the road and turn it off, when you crank it back it will always be on empty and the light will be on. Any idea on how to remedy this?

Swervedriver

Established Member
Sounds like you screwed the ground wire to one of the rubber isolated sensor mount holes instead of directly to the hanger stalk.

Lots of people have done that...

Chais92

Established Member
Hmm i guess ill have to drop the tank... Again and look around lol anybody got any pictures of what all the wiring is supposed to look like?

Swervedriver

Established Member
There's only 3 screw holes, and two of them have rubber isolators. Those two are where the fuel level sender pot screws to the main stalk. The only other hole is where you need to ground the sender wire.

Chais92

Established Member
Ohh gotcha! Thanks for the info man! Was gonna drop it last night but got busy trying to round up a dang coupling to attach my powerpipe to my headunit. Sometime during the 2 year down time mine decided to up and walk away I guess -_-

Users who are viewing this thread