Fuel Blockage?, Misfire?, Plugged Cats? or ????

Snakin

"No Worries Mate"
Established Member
Just yesterday I started to notice that upon moderate acceleration my car is misfiring or not getting enough fuel or something, I dont know what!! It happens in all gears and if you accelerate easy through the gears its hardly noticeable, but if you try to get on it a bit, it stumbles and hiccups before really kicking in. I also noticed at the same time, the boost is jumping up & down until it gets past that particular point and then it seems ok but still not as smooth as before.
I'm certainly no genius in this area and was hoping to get a little advise before taking in to be checked.

I would appreciate any comments ???

Thanks

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Mine was doing this at WOT between shifts. It felt like belt slip. It didn't start till about 2800 miles. It's a very early production car.
Last week under warranty the cats (new part #), plugs (new part #), S/C belt and tensioner were replaced.
The belt was frayed, the plugs were black and the cats were getting very, very hot.
The problem appears to be gone and the car has more power. I will dyno again to see if it's my imagination or not.
btw, my car is stock.
Take it in and don't let the dealership convince you nothing is wrong like they did to me first time around.

Snakin

"No Worries Mate"
Established Member
I checked again this morning and regardless of A/C on or off it is still the same. Ironically I have just gone over 2700 miles. I will be taking it in to my dealer thursday so we'll see what happens. Thanks for the information.
Anyone else have these problems or similar?

Users who are viewing this thread