Fuel additive for E85, best options?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I like to run E85 in all my performance cars and just wanted to see if anyone here has experience with additives for cars that sit longer periods.
My brother has run “upper cylinder lubricant” designed for alcohol fuels and we’ve never had issues with his car, injectors, fuel filters or lines:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/plu-19769-37
I’ve previously stored my GT500 on pump 93, but this year it’s been on the lift with the trans out and I just used some Lucas Oil stabilizer additive for E85 storage:
Safeguard™ Ethanol Fuel Conditioner With Stabilizers
I’m starting my two Foxbody projects, a turbo Coyote drag combo for my LX and a TVS blown Gen 2 Coyote street only combo for my ‘93 Cobra.
The LX will see more VP X85 than pump but I want to play with E98 as well as street drive it on pump E85.
All 3 cars, the GT500 and both Foxes, will sit for extended periods of time in the climate controlled garage.
I also will likely have a 55 gal drum of an E fuel in the garage and have some Bosch 220# injectors used in ID2000s and FIC2200s and hear sitting with E85 hurts them.
Fore recommends not letting intank pumps sit in E85.

So, long winded question, but is there an additive to add to the E85 regularly to help these problems?
I have no problem using an additive regularly.
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I use the lucas oil e85 stabilizer currently on every fill up. Seems to be the best thing to use.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds good.
This is the same Summit link, but this stuff my brother uses is their unscented additive and to me it actually gives it a hint of nitro:
POWER TOP LUBE (UNSCENTED)
I’ve been reading on the long term problems with E85 use and ID2000s. I bought the Bosch equivalent for my 1500hp project. I’m wondering if I do an additive every tank if they’ll hold up to infrequent use.
Or it’ll just give me a reason the drive them more often. :)
-J

Blown38

Established Member
Another Lucas user here. I have 2, 30 gallon barrels that get lucas takes a year for us to go thru the 60 gallons. No problems 4 years now. ID 1300's and an aeromotive pro series external pump. Only sees 93 at drag week.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I just used the last of a 55 gal drum of pump 85 that was bought in 2017. I store it in inside on a pallet off the ground and without any additive. It tested 85% when it came out of the drum. Naturally I would not recommend this but it worked for me once. In a car I doubt I would have the same results...….

Users who are viewing this thread