Ftbr noises

fireman02

Established Member
I’ve had the full FTBR setup since fall of 2016. Last fall I started to notice some creaking/rattling noises the longer I drive it. Short trips not much noise, but longer drives at slow speeds pulling through parking lots or in my driveway it’s very noticeable. Creaking is probably due to needing to grease the grease able fittings, but rattling I’m at a loss. Everything is tight. Anyone else experience this?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

eds85gt

I'd check all your exhaust hangars and the connections to the mid-pipe. Sounds like something needs to heat up before its loose.

Another possibility, check to see how close the tailpipes are to the diff. On my 03 Cobra my passenger side tail pipe is only 1/4" from the Billetflow brace on the diff. I had to reclock the mufflers & tailpipes to get clearances & alignment of exhaust just right. I also installed FTBR about some time. No problems.

Sent from my SM-G960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

fireman02

Established Member
There’s plenty of clearance, Cobra was just on the lift to fix a slight exhaust leak. While there, rechecked everything with the irs. Shop thinks it maybe the ftbr upgraded bumpsteer toe-link setup that’s making the noises. Not much I can do about it unless I put the stock pieces back on.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

52merc

Established Member
Check to make sure the collars that hold the swaybar in place are still tight and in the proper position. If they have loosened the swaybar can walk over to one side and cause noises. There was SBN 70011 to fix a squeaking noise on the 99s, with the fix being the addition of the collars. The 01s and up had them from the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread