FTBR IRS Bushing Kit questions...

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Hey guys! Tax return, boredom and gearhead disease have given me the itch to finally buy this kit. My question is...

I'm looking at getting the full Bushing Kit, including the IRS lowering mount and milled Ford Racing diff cover. Should put me at around 1K for this purchase.

Are the bumpsteers worth it as well? For a street/strip car? I want this to be a strong, comfortable ride with little vibration.

Any advice is appreciated! Looking to purchase asap. Just wanna make sure I'm buying all I need. FTBR doesn't seem to have a contact number and yes, I have read through the pages of FAQs on their site and svtp.

Also...I already have H&R race Springs, MM CC plates and MM FLSFC.

Thanks!

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
If you purchase the FT 1350M and the FT 5001 combo deal you will save $50. The only thing you would have to add to that is the bumpsteer kit and the adjustable sway bar end links if you decide to go with these. If you have any questions for Bruce you can send him a pm (or start a conversation with this new format) His name on here is ac427cobra.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
I did the full IRS bushing kit with milled diff cover and no bumpsteer. I'm on Eibach springs and I love the way it feels. The rear end is so planted now. I use my car as a spirited street car, half-mile racer, and I might hit the drag strip once every couple years.

Based on my experience, I would say no, you don't need the bumpsteer kit.

My buddy just installed the same kit as me and will have the same suspension setup, but with the bumpsteer kit. Unfortunately, it's still crappy weather so no first hand experience yet.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Okay, thank you for the replies! After some advice from the FTBR guys, I'm going to be doing all of the bushings, the diff cover and the bumpsteer. I'm excited to be joining the full tilt movement!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
You won't regret it! IMHO, it completely transforms the car. If I could have chosen between a slight increase in gear whine and a car that wheel hops at the slightest amount of tire spin when I bought the car new, guess what I would have ordered? Yeah that's right, the car with no wheel hop! Bruce at FTBR is awesome and so is this kit!

UnrealSVT

Established Member
You can either purchase the removal tool along with the kit for $80 and receive a $65 refund upon return (no time limit on return)

OR

Purchase the tool without the kit for $100 with no refund (it's yours to keep).

Bruce and James have been a great help so far and shout out to them for their patience and customer service helping me to understand all of the idiosyncrasies of our flawed factory IRS!

blownfox

Established Member

The FTBR kits only comes with the aluminum shimming washers to set pinion angle and not the Urethane kit.

I just installed the FT 1350M, FT 5001, FT 1860, FT 1900, full-length subframe connectors and upgraded the sway bars. The car has little to no body roll and no wheel hop. Bruce’s customer service/support is awesome and his products are amazing! Since the rear end is out, I would also order a fuel filter FT 89.

I did not see an increase in noise and the ride has greatly improved.

If you order through TPS Motorsports you can get free shipping.

http://www.tpsmotorsports.com/musta...rade-kit-99-00r-03-04-mustang-cobra-1745.html

http://www.tpsmotorsports.com/musta...-bumpster-kit-99-00r-03-04-mustang-cobra.html

Black2010

Established Member
I would say time consuming. Nothing overly complicated but getting the factory bushings out is a major PITA. Plan on most of your time being spent there.

Users who are viewing this thread