FTBR diff catch can install help?

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
It says the best place to mount it is in the trunk. I just ordered it so I haven't had a chance to look it over yet but does anybody have pics of how they mounted this? The only reason I'm doing this mod is b/c ever since I had a FR cover put on it's been spewing oil. The faster you go, the more that comes out. It's not that bad actually but I'm just tired of it dripping on my polished exhaust and on my garage floor.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
That diff cover doesn't take the full amount. I think it's because of the thickness. Last time I filled mine I want to say I filled it with 1.15 quarts. Also make sure the hooked hose is in good shape. Mine had a cut just past the barb. Fixed that and between those two things I haven't had an issue.

I don't have any pics of the can either. Sorry.

choate

Established Member
That diff cover doesn't take the full amount. I think it's because of the thickness. Last time I filled mine I want to say I filled it with 1.15 quarts. Also make sure the hooked hose is in good shape. Mine had a cut just past the barb. Fixed that and between those two things I haven't had an issue.

I don't have any pics of the can either. Sorry.

You have it mounted in the trunk? If so, how's it mounted or what's it mounted to?

olympic

Established Member
The Ford Racing cover will spew oil if you fill it up to the level of the hole. I put 1.25 quarts in mine and it's been good.

FortLewisCobra

Established Member
The Ford Racing cover will spew oil if you fill it up to the level of the hole. I put 1.25 quarts in mine and it's been good.

X2 I filled it to the service manual spec and thought I had the cover gasket blow out there was so much fluid leaking.

choate

Established Member
Possibly but that’s how they recommend mounting it on the website. I assume it’s for ease of checking and or emptying it. I will route the vented tube on the exterior so what’s in the trunk would be all sealed

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread