FT/FS! 99 Procharged Cobra for 2011 BBR Vortech Kit +$500 or $6.5k

RickIsYoDaddy

I wanna go fast
Established Member

Yeah... the hood and all that is all dirt. Its been sitting for a while. The guy I got it from was deployed to Afgan and he can no longer keep it. I have been debating on keeping it. Figure rebuild the tranny, get new front/rear bumpers/lights and use it as my DD instead of my 2011 GT, but I figure that 6.5k or a s/c for my 2011 would be better. I did the math and it comes out to less than $2,500 to get it back to sexy looking and running great. I see 99/01 cobras selling for 12-15k with no mods and more miles. I figure a Procharged one with 46k miles isnt a bad deal at all. Ill get videos of it running and more pics next week after I come back from Mustang Week and clean it up.

RickIsYoDaddy

I wanna go fast
Established Member
Well just found out that this car has a built motor to include diamond pistons, rods, cams, new spec stage 2 clutch, redone fuel system, the d1sc is fairly new, and still drivable besides second gear. 03 front bumper and new rear bumper paints and installed will run $600, new lights come out to $200. The roush Wing can stay. And a local shop said he would rebuild the Trans for $600 with good parts. Tuesday it's getting a full detail to get all that caked on dirt off and I'll do a paint restoration. It was tuned at fast lane also. Sure it looks like crap but that's one fast ugly car. He was going to turn up the boost by deployments held him back from getting it done. I'm actually glad I haven't sold it yet, I'm just going to drop the money and make it look sexy again and raise the price of it

RickIsYoDaddy

I wanna go fast
Established Member
no, im not trolling. if you dont have anything positive to say relating to my sale, please gtfo. I might be new on this forum but Im nowhere near a newbie when it comes to mustangs.

The guy I got it from, well that was his taste for it. It is nowhere near what I like, which is why I am working to get it back to looking the way its supposed to. I have built better cars from less than this, only thing it takes time and money, which is why I said as time passes and the more work I put into this, the more the price will go out. The hood, roush wing, and perhaps the wheels will be the only things of the exterior I wont change.

vettez, im working on getting the build sheet for it from the previous owner, but right now he is getting ready to deploy, so Im sure its not on the top of his to do list. If I do end up fixing it all up, I will go and have it dyno tuned again and I hope the numbers will speak for themselves.

Today I installed OEM headlights, removed the grill, put in a new battery, started cleaning it up, bought all the fluids for it. ordered hood struts, 01 cobra tail lights, new 3rd brake light, and cobra grill emblem from AM.

I was at Mustang week so I havent been able to reply

Last edited:

RickIsYoDaddy

I wanna go fast
Established Member
New 99/01 Cobra taillights will be here Monday/Tuesday along with the Hood Struts, Cobra Grill badge, LED 3rd brake light, new shift boot, a headlight nose panel since one of the bumper mounting points was broken, and this weekend Ill go pick up an 01 Cobra bumper to install on this. Soon Ill order an 03/04 Termi front bumper, take off the side skirts to see whats under that, and start pulling the transmission out for rebuild. Also I have a new cobra gauge cluster coming in, the previous owner did some crazy glow stuff to it, its all broken and nasty, and looks unfixable.

It also has a light bar, wide band o2, boost gauge, and two other ones.

Crappy iphone pic time.... Please note the hood isnt latched all the way down. I was adjusting the latch since it was off and decided to take pics then.

IMG_2343.jpg

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

IMG_2346.jpg

IMG_2347.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread