FT/FS: '94 Rio Red Cobra Coupe - $6,500obo in TN

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
For Trade/For Sale

PLEASE READ THE AD IN ITS ENTIRETY

Basic Information
- 1994 Mustang Cobra build number 3815 of 5009
- Rio Red w/ black cloth interior - only 333 with this combination built for ‘94
- Just turned 121,xxx miles
- NEW PRICE OF $5,750 OBO
- Located in Clarksville, TN 37043

Modifications
- BBK ceramic coated long tube headers, BBK off-road x-pipe, Flowmaster mufflers
- Aftermarket cold air intake with K&N cone filter
- 180* Thermostat with adjusted cooling fan on/off settings
- SCT flip chip, mail order tune by Don Lasota of Lasota Racing
- Ford Racing plug wires and Accel distributor cap/rotor
- Smog pump, EGR, A/C, & cruise control deleted
- Ford Racing “B” lowering springs
- Russell braided stainless steel brake hoses
- Brembo blank brake rotors, new pads
- Calipers painted red and brakes bled
- Maximum Motorsports solid non-offset aluminum steering rack bushings
- ‘04 Cobra 29mm front sway bar w/ Prothane bushings and appropriate length Prothane endlinks
- TREMEC TKO600 transmission
- Fidanza aluminum flywheel
- Astro Performance clutch
- Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft
- Fiore clutch cable firewall adjuster and quadrant
- ‘96-’98 tail lights wired to have all 6 lights illuminate when braking
- Blue Oval Industries smoked headlights
- 20% window tint
- ‘03-’04 Cobra SVT trunk emblem
- MGW triple chrome license plate frame
- Cobra grille emblem
- MGW satin door lock knobs, headlight knob, turn signal stalk cover, & steering column tilt lever
- Red SVT tachometer decal
- Rear seat delete
- Hurst white 5 speed shifter ball
- White LED gauge and HVAC control bulbs
- Sony CDX-GT620IP CD player/head unit with iPod connection
- Polk Audio db6501 6 ½” component speakers in front doors
- Kenwood KFC-C6882ie 3 way 6x8 speakers in rear deck

In addition to the above, other little things have been repaired/replaced since I purchased the car in early 2007 with 99k miles on it. Battery, O2 sensors, coolant temp sensor, rear main seal, pilot bearing, multifunction switch, fog light switch, window motors rebuilt, and probably some other things I’m forgetting. I have kept majority of any parts I removed including all the A/C, smog, & cruise parts and they are included as is the stock T5 transmission (needs rebuilt), some new Pypes stainless steel 2.5” flow tubes, some cast aluminum Fox body valve covers, another set of smoked headlights, a set of FRPP stamped steel upper control arms with maybe 1k miles on them, a new set of FRPP upper control arm axle housing side bushings, new A/C accumulator/drier, Ford orifice tube repair kit, and FRPP A/C delete pulley, smog pump delete pulley, and Professional Products polished throttle body.

The car has a few minor issues and is a bit rough around the edges and needing a few things that I never got around to fixing or didn’t have the money to fix. There are a handful of dings, scratches, and other blemishes in the paint, but I clay, polish, and wax the car a few times a year and it cleans up very well considering the age and mileage. The car doesn’t like to idle when cold and when warmed up will start to surge and/or hunt around after idling for a bit. Sometimes the idle will hang high when coming to a stop. These idle problems seem to be notorious in '94-95 5 liter Mustangs. I’ve been trying to track down the problem for a long time with no luck. The previous owner told me he had the motor rebuilt and put an aftermarket cam in the car. I can confirm the motor has been out of the car as it has been painted red, but I don’t know what is in the motor because the man I bought it from was in the Army and deployed and his wife, who handled the transaction, could not find any of the receipts for the work and he couldn’t recall the information himself. The throw-out bearing needs to be replaced soon as it will occasionally make a bit of noise when the car is cold. There are no shifting issues though. The rear end also clunks occasionally when taking off from a stop. Seems like taking off from a stop and turning, like when pulling out onto a street, causes it most. I think a simple rebuild of the differential will fix it…..I have a FRPP diff. rebuild kit that will come with the car and some new crush sleeves, pinion nuts, and pinion seal.

Like I said, these are all minor issues and aside from them the car runs, drives, brakes, and handles well. I am more looking to trade the car as it's my only form of transportation, but will consider an outright sale. I’m looking to trade for a stock or near stock, unmolested ‘89-97 Miata. Must be a stick shift and must have the hardtop. Color isn’t much concern as long as it‘s not yellow, but I’d prefer white, black, or red. I’d also prefer black interior. I’m pretty set on a Miata, but other trades will be considered. 2WD 4 cylinder 98-up Rangers, S10s, & Sonomas. 2nd generation Nissan 240sx, 2nd gen Toyota MR2s, 2 door Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS. And anything else interesting, fuel efficient, reliable, RWD or AWD, and stick shift. As far as trades go I’m looking for either a straight trade or my car for yours plus cash. This all depends on the condition of your trade.

If there are any other questions I can be reached via email at SublimeRT @ gmail.com, private messaging, or you can call me at 931-338-1065.

Pics can be seen at the below link. There aren't any too recent ones, but it looks just the same with the exception that it has the BOI smoked headlights.

281cjmach1's photos and albums on webshots

Last edited:

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
Very nice car man I thinkin just right now a bit more then i am willing to go Love the color combo though and u have a nice list a things that go with it good luck!!!!!!!

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Thanks man. If you're thinking about it, I hope you decide quick. Other parties have shown interest in it also.

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
Damn, that is a pretty good deal for a rare snake, especially considering having a TKO600 and all the other upgrades.

Good luck with the sale!

NickFL

New Whipple *****!!
Established Member
Nice car. Do you still have the backseat? You said that the previous owner had rebuilt and put a cam in it. Do you know if he just rebuilt or if he modified it? How lopey is the cam? Interested but have a car I have to sell first.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Nice car. Do you still have the backseat? You said that the previous owner had rebuilt and put a cam in it. Do you know if he just rebuilt or if he modified it? How lopey is the cam? Interested but have a car I have to sell first.

Nah I don't have the backseat anymore. Moved to Nashville a few years ago and had very limited space for things. I really don't know what he did to the motor cause like I said, he couldn't recall the info and his wife couldn't find reciepts. By the way he talked he made it sound like just a standard rebuild and they threw in a cam for the hell of it while they were at it. I didn't really care because I was planning on putting a stroked 351 in it shortly after buying it, hence the TKO, but funds ran out for a project like that and haven't come back yet really. When it idles at 750/800 it's got a decent little lope to it, above that it smooths out like a stock cammed car would. Oh and sorry it took so long to respond; I access the internet through my phone and it and svtp don't get along a lot of times.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
TTT. I'm really starting to need this thing gone. This is not a bad deal considering JUST the TKO and associated install parts were about $3k. Not to mention the other stuff listed.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
If you have any interest in selling that rear seat delete, let me know.

Bump for you

If you were closer and had a stock black cloth rear seat to give me it'd be all yours. Really not hard to make though. I think if you look at my webshots link on the first page I took pictures when I made/installed it. The way I made/installed this one make it very sturdy, though it doesn't open up for storage like most.

95riosnake

Established Member
If you were closer and had a stock black cloth rear seat to give me it'd be all yours. Really not hard to make though. I think if you look at my webshots link on the first page I took pictures when I made/installed it. The way I made/installed this one make it very sturdy, though it doesn't open up for storage like most.

That's cool man, just thought I'd throw it out there. Yea I'm a bit far and my rear seats are leather. I'll check out your photos and give it a shot :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread