FS: Rio Red '97 Cobra, brand new built motor, Hellion Turbo

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
SOLD SOLD SOLD!

I picked this car up in September and maybe put 500 miles on it. Shortly after buying it my motor seized, and over $10k later I had a low mileage '04 Cobra shortblock installed with a ton of extra goodies. The car put down 505/456 rwhp/rwtq with a Jon Lund tune on 10.5psi and is a great driver. Very streetable, acts like a stock car with mufflers until the pedal hits the floor. Body and trans have about 123k miles on them. About 115k miles were N/A the car is very clean and I would rate the interior a 8/10 and the exterior an 7/10. The new motor now has a little over 1,000 miles on it :)

Here is the mod list from the previous owner with edits as needed:

Hellion 62mm Turbo System @ 10.5lbs - Jon Lund Tuned
Hallman Pro Manual Boost Controller
Lightning MAF
255lph Walbro Fuel Pump
39lb Injectors
'04 Cobra shortblock 8:5.1 comp, freshly machined heads with valve job, brand new parts
Deleted IMRC's
Brand new fan
MSD Plug Wires
Chrome 17"x9" OEM 03/04 Cobra Wheels w/ 275 BFG rubber Up Front And 315 Nitto Drag Radials Out Back.
Brembo Cross Drilled/slotted Rotors Front And Rear, fresh Hawk ceramic pads upfront
Kenny Brown/goodridge Stainless Brake Lines
Tokico Hp Struts/struts
Upr Caster/camber Plates
Upr K-member kit and A-arms
Upr Coilovers w/ 350lb springs
Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs in rear
Steeda Adj. Rear Sway Bar
RAM clutch rated @ 600rwhp
03 Cobra flywheel
Dynomax bullet mufflers dumped
Steeda Firewall Adjuster
Steeda Clutch Quadrant
Smoked Headlights, foglights removed, brackets still in place
Oil Changed With Mobil 1 Full Synthetic
3.31 Gears

Interior:
Autometer Phantom Boost Gauge w/ Steering Column mount
Steeda Tri-ax Shifter
2003 Anniversary Red Door Inserts
Recaro Sportline Seats
Alpine Headunit CDA-9813
Alpine 5-channel MRV-F450 V12 series amplifier
Polk Momo series 6.5" two-way Components

There is so much more in that I probably forgot to list. I guess all this car would really need to be a true street terror is a T-56 :burnout:

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

Pagoda_1_3-15-09.jpg

Pagoda_3_3-15-09.jpg

Pagoda_2_3-15-09.jpg

Pagoda_4_3-15-09.jpg

First start-up and baseline dyno pulls video on YouTube;

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVroLpPJc5c"]YouTube- '97 Cobra - Hellion 62mm Turbo[/nomedia]

Quick Pull on the street:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcwPS2ZzLp8&feature=channel_page"]YouTube- '97 Hellion turbo Cobra 1st-4th Gear Pull[/nomedia]

Priced to sell at $15k. It was originally listed on Corral for $17k. I bought it in September '08 for $14k and have clearly put a ton into it. I'm just going to cut my losses because I can no longer afford the car and I just need to move it and get into something cheap that will take me A to B.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Someones going to get a great deal. I wish I had the money for this one. Very clean car bro. Good luck selling it! Great Price

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Thanks bud. It's a sweet car I never thought I would be that guy who owns cars for less than a year tops before selling them lol. Too bad I don't have the luxury of saying "I got bored" more like "I got broke" haha.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Just an FYI I will entertain any trades as long as I get some extra cash out of it on my end. Low mileage cars with little or no mods, coupes or verts doesn't matter to me. Just something I can drive even if it is slow compared to this car.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
*bump*

Lots of views and a few offers... SVTP ftw.

Just an FYI to those offering trades, I would definitely prefer a low mileage vert with minimal mods (bolt-ons) and some cash my way.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Whoever gets this car is getting a helluva deal. Has so much room to grow w/ the forged motor and its pretty damn fast as it sits.

Good luck T

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Ttt

your only paying for what's under the hood... The rest of the car is a free bonus :)

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
You cant replicate this for car for anywhere close to 14k..

Its a hell of a price, built right and fast a hell. The sound of this car getting into boost is awsome. All you hear is a whooosh then a red blur going by.

The built motor has next to no miles on it, rebuilt turbo, jon lund tune, new clutch and flywheel... You really cant go wrong..

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
You cant replicate this for car for anywhere close to 14k..

Its a hell of a price, built right and fast a hell. The sound of this car getting into boost is awsome. All you hear is a whooosh then a red blur going by.

The built motor has next to no miles on it, rebuilt turbo, jon lund tune, new clutch and flywheel... You really cant go wrong..

Thanks man. I completely forgot to mention that the turbo has just as many miles as the motor on it since being professionally rebuilt by the guys over at Tim's Turbos - Turbo Rebuilding !!

Your car ain't too bad either :rockon:

Last edited:

SVTBeatdown13

Travis Barker Jr.
Established Member
I wanted a Termi, but this thing would be sweet as hell to have. Awesome deal! Bad ass car! Just can't do anything til i sell the Lightning.

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
Interested in a trade for a 2004.5 WV GLI? its got recaro's so you'll feel right at home :)

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
absolutely gorgeous car, got any interior shots by any chance?

Sorry I lent my camera to a friend and he still hasn't gotten it back to me!! I have some old shots that the previous owner took that I can dig up.

Interested in a trade for a 2004.5 WV GLI? its got recaro's so you'll feel right at home :)

No thanks but I appreciate the offer.

trade for a 600 hp 01 cobra?

Feel free to PM me some details

Users who are viewing this thread