FS: my hurt cobra.....

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Just seeing if there's any interest. Feeler ish I guess....

Some of you know my car, it's a single turbo hellion kit with the billet/ball bearing precision. It made 787@20psi through the t56. I don't have time to do everything that needs done and I may let it go. I actually blew the head gasket a couple hours ago..... I just put the motor in a few weeks ago so you can imagine the frustration right now. The trans is very freshly rebuilt also, it seriously has about 15-20 miles on it. Here's a few mods:

The car is metallic silver and has 50,000 miles. It is #9 off the line in 04 and yes I have the certificate for it.

Engine:
Stock 03 with 4,000 miles
Hellion turbo kit
Port and polished 01 intake
Snow stage 3 water meth

Trans:
4r70w lentech strip terminator
Rebuilt by trans king of Conroe tx, by mr.rick
Lentech 4000 converter also rebuilt
B&m ratchet shifter
Trans brake wired with a msd 2 step
Non lock up with a OD button beside shifter
B&m cooler with fan

Fuel:
Behind bars race cars aluminum sumped tank
Aero motive eliminator fuel pump
8 feed 6 return line
Ford racing 80# injectors
Aero motive fuel pressure regulator
Aero motive fuel pump controller
Fore fuel rails

Electric:
Sct tuner
Msd 2 step
Trans brake
Eboost2 boost controller
Innovate wide band
Electric exaust cutout

Suspension:
Upr k member
Upr a arms
D&d coil overs
Team z street beast upper and lower adjustable control arms
Sra with 3:55 gears
Eibach drag pack springs with air bags

Tires/wheels
Stockers up front with nitto 555's
Afs reps on back with 315 555r's

Weld rts 15" front and rear with MT et streets 28x11.50

The battery is in the trunk along with the methanol pump and tank. There is a bunch more stuff I didn't list because there's no way ill remember it all right now. I'm wanting to see what kind of offers I can get for it right now before I start tearing it down. Ill consider trades also! I want a nice fox body to build or just drive if its already built. Here's a few pics. If anyone is really interested just pm me and ill give you my number. Car is located in Houston.

DDC5B684-3019-45EB-A420-4069C8EC91E1-2099-00000240A3B196DC.jpg

a514d82e.jpg

When it used to be a twin screw
4f087039.jpg

During the turbo build
d71efe8f.jpg

I don't feel like pulling the motor to put head gaskets in because if I do I'm gonna spend way too much money. I won't be able to put it back together stock... Ill go over board with it and I don't want to so somebody save me some money!

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Well I'm not giving it away but I'm obviously not looking for full price. It's the head gasket because it pressurized the radiator and blew coolant from under the cap and the car wasn't hot. No smoke or anything. No engine noise either just blew coolant everywhere. I actually have it on video. The car would still run but I killed it as soon as it happened and pulled off the track. The motor is fine.... Just needs head gaskets, I've blown motors before this one didnt blow anything but a head gasket.

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
Man this sucks. Friend of mine just lifted his head with 22lbs. Time to switch to studs if you didn't already have them. Some shops will only charge 1500 or so to change it. (Know from experience) not just a ball park but some have different cost depending on there process. Good looking sm hopefully you don't have to come to far off a normal price. Although I say pull it and change it out. Glwts

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
I don't know what to ask.... If the motor was good and it had no issues I'd about $22k. I guess I can call a local performance shop to see what they would charge and take that and a little more off the price. Make offers!

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
yes a price would be a good starting point. if its a head gasket like you say why not just spend the 1500 and have a shop fix it.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
yes a price would be a good starting point. if its a head gasket like you say why not just spend the 1500 and have a shop fix it.

Because I can't do that! Lol

If I have someone pull the motor apart I'm having the heads ported, cams,up the compression a bit and all kind of stuff. It don't need it but that's a little problem of mine...

sdg97232

Established Member
If you consider parting out I'd be interested in the turbo kit, fuel tank (if it s the 14 gallon) , fuel rails and possibly the complete transmission setup.

Users who are viewing this thread