FS: Mustang & Cobra Parts Nor Cal (GOOD STUFF!)

68gtscode

Established Member
PM for more information, pictures, or to express interest on the following:

Custom Fabricated 8 Point Roll Bar for any 94-04 coupe. Built to NHRA specs by SVC Motorsports in Phoenix, AZ at a cost of $2,000 (I still have the receipt). Full DOM construction, removable side bars with special-ordered clam shell joints, and a diagonal brace. Ties into upper and lower toque boxes. The main cross brace has been dropped back to allow for the seats to be all the way back- great for taller drivers! Powdered coated “near chrome” which is a clear powder coat on top of silver (can be polished). I will also include already cut black carpet and interior quarter panels, so you don’t have to touch your stock pieces! This is the nicest roll bar I have ever seen… I know you can get a mail order roll bar much cheaper, so please don’t waist our time telling me this. $1,000

Forgeline RS 17X9.5/11 Wheels. Full set of four Forgeline two-piece RS wheels, 17X9.5 (6” backspace) in the front and 17X11 (7” backspace) in the rear. This is the correct size/backspacing for SRA Mustangs, 94 to 04. I also believe they will fit an IRS Cobra as well, but may need a ¼” spacer in the rear. These wheels are no longer available, and are among the highest quality two piece wheels ever sold. They are extremely light (around 20 pounds per wheel) and were around $550 per wheel new. They are extremely hard to find, especially in this condition. All wheels have no scratches or curb rash- a minor polish is the only thing separating them from being new. $1,000

HP Motorsport Radius Rod Upper Control Arms. These are high performance, adjustable upper rear control arms, perfect for drag racing. Include aluminum bushings on the axle side, and heim joints on the chassis side. 5,000 street miles, excellent condition. Cost over $200 new. $75

Stange Engineering / LPW Ford 8.8" Ultra Support Cover. This is an aluminum support cover, which includes two grade 8 load bolts. It will significantly strengthen you rear end, and support the main caps. Perfect for high horsepower, cars and/or launching on sticky tires! It would probably look pretty cool up under there too. Brand new in box. Cost $150 new, will let it go for $75.

MSD DIS 4 Ignition. Digital ignition designed for distributerless ignitions and coil packs. Perfect for 96-98 GTs and Cobras. I had this on my Procharged 98GT for approximately 10,000 street miles… my car had an ignition gremlin (two cylinders intermittently cut off) that I was having difficulty diagnosing. I installed a new computer, plugs, wires, and coil packs. I also removed the DIS 4 along with the two tach adapters… This solved my ignition problem, but I am not sure what part exactly was responsible. I sent this unit, along with the tach adapters back to MSD for testing- they sent it back and said it was fine. Still, given the frustration I went through, I refuse to install ANY of these parts back on the car! I am being totally open and honest about this… Costs $570 at Summit new. Lowered price to $50 plus the slight risk of inheriting an ignition gremlin! I’ll throw in the tach adapters too.

H&R Wheel Spacers. SOLD!

Steeda functional Race Wing with Billet Winglets. SOLD!

01 Cobra Intake. SOLD!

Diablosport Predator 03-04 Cobra (P/N U7142). SOLD!

SLP Loudmouth I Cat Back. SOLD!

Bassani O/R X pipe (P/N BX46033). SOLD!

Last edited:

68gtscode

Established Member
Forgot about my Strange Engineering / LPW Ford 8.8" Ultra Support Cover! I added a description to my list- check it out!

Matt

68gtscode

Established Member
Sounds good! I have a few decent offers, but they're not local so I'd have to ship it... I'll hold onto it through the weekend so you can take a look. I do have to warn you- you're likely going to want it once you see it in person! It's basically new. I was thinking about wet sanding it and holding onto it for shows and what not, but I just don't have the room to justify it.

snakezilla

Established Member
I do obviously want to sell it, but in all seriousness I have to warn you- it's really loud with an O/R x pipe! You can take a look and see what you think... no pressure.

I hardly ever get to drive my cobra i have put 2k miles in the past year so I want loud!!!!!!!!!!!!:beer:

Impact 5.0

Established Member
Got the pics man thanks.. need to try and sell the idea to the wife since I am also working on a set of wheels for the track as well.

68gtscode

Established Member
Got the pics man thanks.. need to try and sell the idea to the wife since I am also working on a set of wheels for the track as well.

I totally understand, let me know if she warms up to the idea. I don't think it's going anywhere too fast... shipping is out of the question so the number of potential buyers is pretty limited. I really won't mind if it doesn't sell- it's a nice cage and it holds some sentimental value- it was a gift to myself when I was promoted to a Cpt back when I was in the military.

Matt

Impact 5.0

Established Member
Nice! Well it looks like top notch... only question I have is the passenger side seat with the bar behind it, does it limit the passenger from reclining there seat?

68gtscode

Established Member
Nice! Well it looks like top notch... only question I have is the passenger side seat with the bar behind it, does it limit the passenger from reclining there seat?

No, it doesn't interfere too badly with the passenger seat. It can still be all the way back, and reclined enough to be comfortable. That said, you can't have the seat at it's most rearward position and recline it all the way back (flat). Another note on this- the diagonal bar does interfere with the passenger side REAR seat folding forward... it can fold forward most of the way, but cannot fold all the way flat (the driver's side can though). Not sure if this makes sense or not- it's hard describe via the keyboard! Long story short- I purposefully had it built so the seats could go back and not be vertical... I'm very tall (a bit over 6'4") so if it was acceptable for me it should be fine for the masses!

You are always going to lose some of your interior's original functionality with any cage, and this one is no different. If you use your car to haul 4 people around, don't install a cage. I have heard of folks having cages built with removeable cross bars so they can still use the back seat... I do NOT feel it is safe to drive a car on the street with your head a few inches from a steel bar- get into a minor accident and you'll likely be killed. That is why I didn't opt to for a 10 or 12 point cage (my car is a 100% street car). These are all considerations you need to think about when buying a roll bar/cage.

Sorry for the rant,

Matt

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread