FS: MT82 Transmission 16k miles works PERFECT

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Hey guys selling my 16k mile MT82 trans that came out of my car. It is in perfect working condition, no whines or grinds. Willing to ship at buyers expense.

4C0E3346-7042-4B6C-A072-459A9D0E825D_zpsslg6kiqu.jpg

Email: [email protected]
Price: 900.00 buyer pays shipping, or willing to drive 60 miles.

redfirepearlgt

SIT BACK AND HANG ON !!!
Established Member
What kind of HP has this tranny been exposed to? How much torque? What year car did it come out of? How many passes has it seen? I'm considering a backup MT82 to send off and have reworked. I take it your going auto. Thanks.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
What kind of HP has this tranny been exposed to? How much torque? What year car did it come out of? How many passes has it seen? I'm considering a backup MT82 to send off and have reworked. I take it your going auto. Thanks.

My car made 667hp and 580tq thru this Trans, it has never skipped a beat. I have already swapped to a auto so no need for this. Trans saw three passes on the track.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
I'll have to pass. Thanks.

Well I wasn't going to reply because your first post just makes me do this:bash:

BUT I have to, every question that you asked has almost nothing to do with the health of a MT-82 trans, the weak links in these trans are not the gear which is what your questions pertained too. The weak leak are the shift forks and the shift pads, power does not cause them to break, you know what does?? shitty drivers. This is why you see them break in stock form. The only time you ever see a gear break or strip is when you have a guy who does many many launched and does not run the right fluid or overfill the trans to keep the front gear lubricated during hard launches. Now again you may not know any of this which it sounds like from you post so now I am hoping you have learned something. If you would like to find out more info on why my MT82 hasn't broken and others have feel free to make a response and ill let you in on some more info on how to keep yours alive like mine.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Do you have the rubber dust boot that seals the shifter to the body available?

And +1 to your last comment. People blame the transmission when it is the drivers who ruin them.

redfirepearlgt

SIT BACK AND HANG ON !!!
Established Member
Well I wasn't going to reply because your first post just makes me do this:bash:

BUT I have to, every question that you asked has almost nothing to do with the health of a MT-82 trans, the weak links in these trans are not the gear which is what your questions pertained too. The weak leak are the shift forks and the shift pads, power does not cause them to break, you know what does?? shitty drivers. This is why you see them break in stock form. The only time you ever see a gear break or strip is when you have a guy who does many many launched and does not run the right fluid or overfill the trans to keep the front gear lubricated during hard launches. Now again you may not know any of this which it sounds like from you post so now I am hoping you have learned something. If you would like to find out more info on why my MT82 hasn't broken and others have feel free to make a response and ill let you in on some more info on how to keep yours alive like mine.

Appreciated your honesty. Just tried to be open and not leave you hanging on my decision. This isn't the place for tech but feel free to elaborate. It's your thread.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Do you have the rubber dust boot that seals the shifter to the body available?

And +1 to your last comment. People blame the transmission when it is the drivers who ruin them.

Yes I do have the dust cover. 30.00 shipped sound fair? send me a pm.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Appreciated your honesty. Just tried to be open and not leave you hanging on my decision. This isn't the place for tech but feel free to elaborate. It's your thread.

Like I said earlier the main issue with MT82 is bending the shift forks and breaking the cheap plastic shift pads. You can eliminate this risk a lot by getting a blowfish or similar bracket. I say this because it keeps the shifter and linkage bolted to the trans so it is one unit. When you have a remote mounted shifter like we do, every time you go wot the trans moves on the rubber mount just a little while the remote shifter does not, this causes a miss alignment and puts extra pressure on the shift forks and pads because it is not perfectly aligned. This issue coupled with ppl who force the shifter into gear cause the breakage of the trans. I built my own style blowfish bracket before they were available for my car to take every effort to keep the trans happy. Onto the gears MT82 does not have any baffles inside the trans to keep the fluid from going to the back on hard launches. This is a design flaw and the reason why ppl strip or break 3rd gear as it is the forward most gear. Solution is to over fill the transmission by 1qt with redline lightweight shock proof. The overfill keeps more fluid on the gears while the shockproof helps the fluid to stick to the gears and syncros so when it does transfer to the back it will to run the front gears dry. I have no doubt this is the reason my transmission still run as good as new and does not whine or make any noise.

Users who are viewing this thread