FS/FT 96 Cobra

90blacktsiawd

Established Member
This is a feeler

I've got a 96 Mustang Cobra I picked up about a month ago. I got it looking to try something different from the 4 cyl. turbo and v6tt's i've driven all my life. Turns out, i'm just not as happy with the car as i thought i'd be. It's a great car. Comfortable, in excellent shape, mechanically sound, and quite quick, but it really just isn't for me. So i figured i'd see if i could either sell it and make back most of what i've invested in it to attempt to purchase something else or preferably do a straight up trade with cash on your end or maybe even a little on mine. I'd really love another 1g/2g awd dsm but i'm open to just about anything but i am partial to it being manual and awd. Title is clean, clear and in my hand. If i don't get an reasonable offers either way i'll just keep driving it and try to make it more to my liking. So, on to the description...

96 Ford Mustang Cobra, 84,xxx on it currently and that will go up as i daily drive it. 4.6l DOHC motor rated at 305 hp and 300 lb/tq from the factory and it is put down through a Borg Warner T-45 5-speed to a Ford 8.8" rear. Car was repainted Opal Ruby Red by previous owner. There is one scratch one the drivers side front fender that is only noticeable within 5 feet or so. Black interior with black leather seats in good shape. No burns or rips anywhere, just the typical wear on the front seats you get over time from use. Other than the front seat wear the interior is immaculate. Includes SVT documentation to prove its a real Cobra as well as build date and production number. It's currently putting down 270 rwhp & 270 rwtq on a mustang dyno with the sheet to prove it. Doesn't burn any oil or leak a drop of fluid!

DSC02975.gif

Mods

Mac off road H pipe
Flowmaster Thunder series cat back exhaust
Pro 5.0 Short shifter
SCT X3 hand held tuner, tuned by Frank @ PSI Motorsports
Ford racing performance aluminum driveshaft w/ driveshaft loop
17x8 Cobra R wheels powder coated black
Eibach pro kit
BBK 255lph fuel pump
Luk Clutch w/ 11k on it
Trans was refreshed at the same time as the clutch job and shifts wonderfuly. I have the paperwork to prove it and it does com. with a warranty
Running only Royal Purple synthetic fluid in the trans.
Sony headunit w/ usb & aux input. Can control ipod directly through it
Complete Cervini Stalker kit
Tinted and cleared stock tail lights
Ford Racing pedal set w/ dead pedal. Gas pedal is not yet installed as you must remove the pedal assembly to install but will go with that car.
I also have a uninstalled Steeda double hook clutch quadrant w/ firewall adjuster and new clutch cable to replace the stock plastic unit that tends bend and break under hard shifting for sale currently. I will include it with the car so long as it hasn't sold prior.

Maintenance

New alternator, battery, rear pads & rotors were all replaced in the last 4-5k
Fresh oil change and plugs w/ under 1k on them
Inspected till 7/12
Front tires have maybe 50-60% tread left
Rears have 90% left

I had planned to put on a nice set of long tube headers, cold air intake, new gears in the rear (the stock 3.23's are ridiculously long) and a retune to get it up to 300 rwhp. A set of used 03-04 cobra injectors, Lightning 90mm maf and a procharger could had for under 2k used and have this beast well over 400 rwhp at only 8-10 psi without even worrying about the mods i had intended to do to just have a fast NA car.

The only issue i know of is that the rear shocks could stand to be changed. They aren't shot but they are a bit worn.

Now more pics

DSC02976.gif

DSC02983.gif

DSC02982.gif

DSC02979.gif

DSC02989.gif

Can get more pics of anything on request. If there's any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread