FS/FT: 1999 Cobra......Saleen Speedster Clone

2000gator

Established Member
I have a 1999 Mustang Cobra Convertible for trade. It has about 130k miles on it and about 65k on the drivetrain. It has mostly cosmetic and a few performance mods. I bought the car over a year ago and drove it until it snowed. Its a great car I am just looking for something different or a good daily driver. I am hoping to trade up and will consider any offer really.

Modifications:
Exterior: Saleen front and rear bumper, side skirts, spoiler, side scoops and 18" Black Saleens. Also has a 3" cowl hood, CDC lightbar, and new headlights.

Other mods: Optima Red Top, H&R race springs (bad ass stance with the 18s and not too low), subframe connectors, K&N filter, 2003 cobra catback with flowmasters welded in (quiet but good tone), UPR short throw shifter with cobra bob gasket.

I think those are the mostly all the modifications it has. I bought this car from a friend of mine who had it for a while and planned to make it into a supercharged monster but just figured it would be easier to buy a GT500. He needed a larger down payment on his car to make payments cheaper so I bought it off of him. He purchased and bought the oem saleen parts and had them painted and installed. The car was painted torch red last year and I have the receipt for it. There is at least $5,000 just in the exterior alone.

Overall its a great car I just lost interest in it over time because I bought it to help my friend and it was summer so it was awesome to have. But I still have my Cobra that I have owned for about 5 years now and I don't need two. It does need a few things for it to be perfect. The drivers seat is worn, needs a clockspring, whiper cowl is cracked, the back window separated at the bottom and needs to be reglued. I kept it garaged and usually with the cover on so it was never an issue. Also the lady who my friend purchased it from had an aftermarket radio installed but kind of botched it. Has all new speakers they just aren't wired correctly or something because it doesn't sound the best.

I'm really interested in a diesel pickup, Jeep Wrangler, any fuel efficient car although I will look at any and all offers. Will sell outright as well.

Pick this up and fix the few things it needs during the winter and have an awesome cruiser for spring/summer.

102_1154.jpg

102_1155.jpg
102_1163.jpg

102_1156.jpg

102_1158.jpg

0831011811.jpg

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I have the same hood. Glws

2000gator

Established Member
back to the top. I had a good deal fall through and it was a hassle getting that straightened out. I'm looking for something 4x4 like a Wrangler, pickup, or small SUV. Or really any 2000+ Toyota, Honda, Acura, or the like. Looking for something fuel efficient or good in the winter. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread