FS: 90mm maf..... complete

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
chuchomula said:
At this point since my L is still stock, is it a good idea?

It's a def plus. But you'll def need a tune. Your stock computer is set for an 80mm maf. Ford upgrade to a 90mm maf in 01 when they increased the HP from 360 to 380.

A 4lb lower, 90mm maf and a tune will make your truck rock and still be very safe. I also have a Predator for sale that includes one free tune from rick at Amazon. :pepper:

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
chuchomula said:
Would I need to change anything to put this into my L? It is a 2000.

Is your truck stock?

If it's completely stock, then no you won't need a retune for the 90mm.

Not to contradict Larry, because its easy to conclude a retune is necessary, but it truly isn't. There are guys out there right now running OEM Ford Lightning 90mm MAF on their '99 and '00 Lightnings without a problem. I ran one on mine for quite a few miles before finally getting a tune for my truck. And the only reason I got the tune was because I added a 4lb lower and an electric fan.

Plus, before I bolted on my Ford 90mm MAF, I contacted three dealerships and asked if the 90 would work for my L, which has an 80mm. All three said they would happily take my money and reflash my PCM, but it was not needed because the PCM would adjust the a/f for the 90.

They also said bottom line, if they were wrong, and I threw a SES light after installing the 90mm MAF and then disconnecting the battery, they would be glad to reflash my PCM.

I never threw a light, and I never had any lean issues (detonation) while I had the 90mm on, without a custom tune.

Stewart

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Stewart_H said:
Is your truck stock?

If it's completely stock, then no you won't need a retune for the 90mm.

Not to contradict Larry, because its easy to conclude a retune is necessary, but it truly isn't. There are guys out there right now running OEM Ford Lightning 90mm MAF on their '99 and '00 Lightnings without a problem. I ran one on mine for quite a few miles before finally getting a tune for my truck. And the only reason I got the tune was because I added a 4lb lower and an electric fan.

Plus, before I bolted on my Ford 90mm MAF, I contacted three dealerships and asked if the 90 would work for my L, which has an 80mm. All three said they would happily take my money and reflash my PCM, but it was not needed because the PCM would adjust the a/f for the 90.

They also said bottom line, if they were wrong, and I threw a SES light after installing the 90mm MAF and then disconnecting the battery, they would be glad to reflash my PCM.

I never threw a light, and I never had any lean issues (detonation) while I had the 90mm on, without a custom tune.

Stewart

Thanks Stewart. :beer: I learn more everyday. :thumbsup:
I just didn't want to sell Cris anything he couldn't use.

chuchomula

"Rehab'd Ricer"
Established Member
I see. So it would just replace the other one right? That's all I need to do? If so than how much do you want Larry. I'll put it on when I get the LFPVB installed. Let me know. There is another guy that is selling one for $75.00 shipped w/the adapter.

Thanks Stewart

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
chuchomula said:
I see. So it would just replace the other one right? That's all I need to do? If so than how much do you want Larry. I'll put it on when I get the LFPVB installed. Let me know. There is another guy that is selling one for $75.00 shipped w/the adapter.

Thanks Stewart

What adapter Cris.

$67 :pepper:

chuchomula

"Rehab'd Ricer"
Established Member
I assume I won't need an adapter, correct? I'll take it L.L. I got your address wrong Larry and your ck came back. PM me your address and I will send a new ck out for the additional $67. Deal?

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
What adapter Cris.

$67 :pepper:

I think he means the connecting hose from the MAF to the throttle body.

Cris, do you have a stock airbox, or aftermarket box like JLP?

Stewart

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
chuchomula said:
I assume I won't need an adapter, correct? I'll take it L.L. I got your address wrong Larry and your ck came back. PM me your address and I will send a new ck out for the additional $67. Deal?

Sold! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread