Fs? 2007 kb gt500

GarageLogic

Established Member
I’m testing the waters here, so feel free to provide me with any feedback you might have considering this post.

The car is a 2007 Shelby GT500 Red/White Stripes with 22,500 miles. The car is a garage-kept example of a vehicle car has been almost-daily driven for the past 12 months or so. I have no interest in representing the car as anything else other than a well-kept vehicle that has been driven. The car has seen rain, but for 75% its existence, it was sunny and pleasant here in Tennessee. The car has seen limited track time (12 passes, total) and has never been street raced or driven hard when not on a track. There are more than a few members of this board who know how I am about my cars and that it is as nice of an example of a driven GT500 that you are likely to find.

The car has every option (including navigation and Sat. radio) except the upgraded Shaker 1000 stereo system and red seat/door panel inserts.

The car currently has the following performance modifications:

Kenne Bell 2.8L Stage III supercharger kit (w/3.25, 3, 2 7/8 pulleys incl.)
Steeda Adjustable Upper Control Arm
Steeda Adjustable Panhard Bar
H&R Front and Rear Coilover Kit (street)
BMR Camber Adjusters
Midwest Composite Strut Covers
Midwest Composite Mirror Accents
Steeda Billet Aluminum Lower Control Arms
BMR Driveshaft Loop
Magnaflow Axlebacks
Carroll Shelby Signed Dash Plaque w/VIN
Autometer Cobalt Series Wideband Gauge
Autometer Cobalt Series Fuel Pressure Gauge
Speed of Sound 2-pod gauge piller
Shelby Billet “GT500” sill plates
DSS One-Piece Aluminum Driveshaft
Micket Thompson 265/40/18 ET Street Radial
BMR LCA Relocation Brackets
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
AFCO Dual Pass Heat Exchanger
Moroso Intercooler Tank
3.73 Gears
Tinted Headlights/Fogs
Tinted Windows

In this trim, and with the canned KB street tune, I have turned in a personal best of 11.18@130mph. This was with the 2 7/8 upper pulley on drag radials (1.78 60ft) at Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green, KY in September 2008. With a better driver and cooler air, I have no doubt it would be in the mid-to-low 10’s.

I am looking to get $45,000 for it.

Last edited:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Looks like this is a very nice car with well thought out mods.

But being an '07 model with 22K miles on it I think the price may be a bit high. :shrug:

GL with the sale. :beer:

skyhighsd

Established Member
Since you asked for feedback. You might want to think about parting it out I would bet that you end up with more money in your pocket. JMHO Good luck selling it tho

GarageLogic

Established Member
Thanks, Bill. I'm really on the fence about selling it. If someone meets my price, it's probably gone, if not, I'll just keep it.

GarageLogic

Established Member
Here are pics as of a couple of weeks ago. The wheels that are on the car in these pictures have already been sold and the stock wheels are back on the car.

Manchester08049ds.jpg

Gatlin004m.jpg

Gatlin012m.jpg

svtoanashville6.jpg

hood2.jpg

BPDay08028.jpg

JerseyGTO

Established Member
Hey man, don't mind the visitor from LS1GTO here. That car is beautiful. If you don't mind me asking, what would be the next project if you should sell this one? I'm asking because the car is so nicely done it'd be hard to build something nicer? Best of luck with the sale. :)

GarageLogic

Established Member
I have decided to set the price at $43,000K. I think that is more than fair given the condition and modifications that will be included with the car.

JerseyGTO said:
Hey man, don't mind the visitor from LS1GTO here. That car is beautiful. If you don't mind me asking, what would be the next project if you should sell this one? I'm asking because the car is so nicely done it'd be hard to build something nicer? Best of luck with the sale.
No, nothing in mind yet. There are a lot of things going on at work these days and I'd just prefer to sell he car and stick the proceeds back in an emergency fund while we see how this economy goes over the next few months. I still have other cars in the garage, so while I will certainly miss this one, it's not a car a need to have at this time.

slash

Established Member
only because you asked for feedback, and im not trying to be a dick. i have been looking for a gt500 for a while now and am still actively looking for the right deal to pop up.

you will never get that kind of money for the car with 22k miles on it, there are plenty of 07's with under 5k miles you can buy in the mid 30's. not raining on your shit, but you did ask..

look at texas auto direct, they have a few 3k milers for mid 30's and one under 500 miles for 38 or 39.

eBay Motors: Ford : Mustang (item 400025132807 end time Jan-26-09 13:00:00 PST)

GarageLogic

Established Member
only because you asked for feedback, and im not trying to be a dick. i have been looking for a gt500 for a while now and am still actively looking for the right deal to pop up.

you will never get that kind of money for the car with 22k miles on it, there are plenty of 07's with under 5k miles you can buy in the mid 30's. not raining on your shit, but you did ask..

look at texas auto direct, they have a few 3k milers for mid 30's and one under 500 miles for 38 or 39.

eBay Motors: Ford : Mustang (item 400025132807 end time Jan-26-09 13:00:00 PST)
No, you are absolutely correct. But those are what unmodified/barely modified examples are bringing. There is no way you are going to take a stock GT500 and add the modifications my car has for less than what I have mine priced at. Even if you pay $33K for a 5K mile car, you're going to have over $45K, minimum, in the car (not counting labor) just to get it to where my car sits today.

Again, if you are looking for some low-miles GT500 to be your garage queen/show car, mine is not what you are looking for and you might find other examples cheaper if you shop around. If you are looking for a turn-key 10-second GT500 with the same drivability and manners as a stock Shelby, then this is an option.

Last edited:

slash

Established Member
No, you are absolutely correct. But those are what unmodified/barely modified examples are bringing. There is no way you are going to take a stock GT500 and add the modifications my car has for less than what I have mine priced at. Even if you pay $33K for a 5K mile car, you're going to have over $45K, minimum, in the car (not counting labor) just to get it to where my car sits today.

Again, if you are looking for some low-miles GT500 to be your garage queen/show car, mine is not what you are looking for and you might find other examples cheaper if you shop around. If you are looking for a turn-key 10-second GT500 with the same drivability and manners as a stock Shelby, then this is an option.

well said and i hope your right. i also have a very highly modified terminator, while looking for a gt500 now i dread having to sell mine do to the very same thing you just posted.

glws man! beautiful car!

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Great car bro but 2007 GT500's are only worth $35,000-38,000. I understand you want to get top dollar but lets face it, aftermarket items don't increase the value of a car. Good luck in the future

JymBart

Established Member
It's not for sale!!!!!

Great car bro but 2007 GT500's are only worth $35,000-38,000. I understand you want to get top dollar but lets face it, aftermarket items don't increase the value of a car. Good luck in the future

He's taken the car off the market!

JymBart

Users who are viewing this thread