FS 2004 Mach 1 - TR - IUP - 1 Owner - Garage Kept

oldmachguy

Established Member
I just bought a GT350R, and the wife said the red car has to go.

Update: Wife saw the car sitting in back of the garage, and asked me why I hadn't sold it yet. Gave me "the look."

So, the price is now officially reduced.

Torch Red, 5 speed, IUP. Dallas car, purchased at Northside Ford in San Antonio in November of 2003. The car has been garage kept, day and night. The theme for the car has always been light modifications, mainly for stance and handling – otherwise all parts and fluids have always been OEM Ford – batteries, windshield wiper blades, oil, filters, etc.

$2,300+ in recent repairs (I do all my own wrenching, unless stated otherwise):

new wheel bearings (MOOG) - $140;
6 new control arms (OEM style front w/ ball joints and bushings; tubular rear w/ urethane bushings) - $365;

4 new front control arm mounting bolts - $50;
8 new rear control arm mounting bolts;
8 new urethane spring isolators - $46;
new front sway bar end links and bushings - $20;
new steering rack bushings - $15;
new caster/camber main bearing plates (4-bolt Maximum Motorsports) - $120;
alignment - $60;
new hi- and low-side A/C lines (cold as new), and new serpentine belt - $785 (includes labor - I don't do A/C);

new tranny fluid;
new diff fluid and gasket - $70;
new tranny tailshaft seal - $31;
new aluminum driveshaft - $305;
new driveshaft bolts - $15
new battery
new driver’s side headlight - $100;
new air filter (JLT) - $45;
new spark plugs;
brake pads changed last summer - $175;

Rotors are original, with only 20,000 miles on them (ran aftermarket until recently). All oil and oil filter changes have been Motorcraft 5W-20, FL820S. All brake pad changes have been with Ford pads (not Motorcraft). (Fluid has always been ATE DOT 4). Batteries have always been Autolite.

Car is lowered on Eibach Sportlines.
Shocks are Tokico Iluma 5-way adjustable, valved for the drop.
Wheels are AFS factory clones, in 9 inch width.
Tires are 275 square.

Only engine mods are JLT True Cold Air, Bassani catted X and X-pipe (with MIL eliminators), and a custom tune by Dallas Mustang.

Spares:
Ford Shop Manual (on disc);
California Car Cover
Original wheels;
Original air intake;
Original driveshaft;
Last clutch and pressure plate (Ford);
Original control arms and bushings;
2 extra AFS wheels (9” width), in good condition;
etc.

Car has been daily driven to/from work. Car has been to the strip once, and has done 3-4 HPDE's - all when the car was new.

Car gets Zaino 2-3 times per year.

One interior bugger: lower left bolster of driver’s seat has a tear (common, so I’m told), as shown in the pics below. There are also some minor scratches on the flat part of the passenger side rear fender well, though they are tough to see in a photo.

Car also needs front tires. Motor runs good, and it's been years since I've beat on it (though I did have one go at a new Infinity GS Hybrid that got in my way not too long ago). Engine has 155,000 miles.

Car is clean.

$8,950 (roughly $6,600 if it had no recent repairs). PM me if you are interested. Now for the pics:

Exterior:
002_Exterior_2a.jpg
003_Exterior_3a.jpg
004_Exterior_4a.jpg
005_Exterior_5a.jpg
006_Exterior_6a.jpg

Interior:
009_Interior_1a.jpg

010_Interior_2a.jpg

Engine:
021_Engine Bay_2b.jpg

Driver's seat bolster booger:
022_Blemish_1a.jpg

MGW billet fuel door (second to last one George had - then Ford made him stop selling them):
020_MGW Fuel Door_a.jpg

Last edited:

oldmachguy

Established Member
I read them ... obviously need to go read them again - and I'm still struggling with the attachment thing. Thanks for the patience.

oldmachguy

Established Member
Well . . . sometimes being ADHD is a bitch. I read that rule, then looked at the listing for that pretty AB blown Mach, and, having missed the "Bob" sticky, assumed it didn't apply to car listings. Hmmm. If it's ok by you, can I leave the post until I get a similar "Dave" yellow sticky shot of the engine bay tonight? I will post it up as soon as I'm at the office in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread