FS....1997 White Cobra. Only 34,000 miles. $10,495

Glenn W.

Established Member
This is one VERY special Cobra, folks. It is located in Spokane, WA.:

1997 Cobra. Only 34,000 miles

Offered for sale is a very special, VERY low mileage 1997 Cobra. I am moving to Alaska, and this is the only reason I have decided to part with this fun to drive Cobra.
As you can see from the pics, this Cobra has been heavily and professionally modified for both appearance and handling.
These modifications are:

B and M Short Throw Shifter (best shifting action I’ve ever felt and it shifts like a rifle bolt and shifter shaft is super firm once in each gear). 2nd to 3rd shift is spring loaded to make sure a quick shift finds the correct gear.

Saleen side skirts and trunk spoiler painted to match.

Aftermarket air filter

Blue carbon fiber dash inserts (beautiful dark blue, NOT neon blue)

Weighted carbon fiber shift knob

Slotted and cross drilled rotors.

Upgraded brake pads

Full car cover

Guys --- the brand new tires alone just cost $1,200....

LOTS of the stock parts -- shocks, brake discs, springs, caster plates

White painted headlight covers -- (looks cool for the car shows)

Hundreds of dollars of chrome accessories under hood – including a polished intake plenum.

Darker tinted windows.

There is some very subtle painted pin striping along the sides, hood and trunk. You have to look twice to see these, and they are grey and blue against the white – truly beautiful.

Painted to match outside rear view mirrors.

Cobra “R” Wheels.

$1200 worth of brand new Nitto NT05 tires – (amazing traction)
Front size – 255/35ZR17
Rear size – 285/35ZR18

3.73 Ford Racing rear gearing.

Bassani Cat-back exhaust system makes this Cobra one of the best sounding I’ve ever heard. This is a full stainless system with chrome exhaust pipes fully polished and slightly bigger diameter than the stock exhaust. There is NO drone at highway speeds with this system. You have the choice of three different sounds with this exhaust -- fully open, or two different size baffles that easily and quickly install at the end of the exhausts with two set screws.

And most important for this impressive vehicle:

Full Maximum Motorsports Road and Track Suspension – professionally installed and aligned. This suspension is fully sorted, offers a truly beautiful and aggressive stance over the tires and wheels and offers extremely high performance, steering and handling while still offering a compliant street ride and includes:
You can also read how this suspension massively improves the 1997 Cobra here:
· 1996-98 Mustang hardtop Road & Track Box
This Mustang has been garage kept and extremely well cared for, and you will not likely find another Cobra offering all this one has with these very low miles. This Cobra still looks and drives like new.
DSC01908_zpspmvoqjc7.jpg

IMG_0224_zpsymdjiby4.jpg

IMG_0220_zpsrczsfvol.jpg

I have the stock white tail light surrounds if these aren't to your taste:

IMG_0221_zpsa3rtffnh.jpg

IMG_0217_zps57qibpsz.jpg

DSC01823_zpsfzqgavml.jpg

Last edited:

Glenn W.

Established Member
Amazing car and mod list, wish I could afford another!!!
Got any pic of interior and underneath??

I will be happy to take some tomorrow and post them. The interior is nearly perfect, with only the driver's seat leather showing the appropriate checkering/wear pattern.
Underneath is only going to be what I can get by laying on the ground.........I see you have a MM suspension as well, so you know what they install and how they handle.

Last edited:

Glenn W.

Established Member
SOOOOOOO.....buy mine and sell yours??? Just a thought....To me, the Saleen side skirts sure change the profile of the car for the better, don't they?

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
SOOOOOOO.....buy mine and sell yours??? Just a thought....To me, the Saleen side skirts sure change the profile of the car for the better, don't they?

I have WAY too much invested in mine with the Coyote swap and suspension. Took it to the track for the first time since everything has been installed. As I said, would LOVE to buy yours, it's a great looking Cobra with great mods. Maybe next year when the wedding is paid off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glenn W.

Established Member
And for your viewing pleasure:

Here is the pile of receipts for all the work done to this magnificent Cobra. The original window sticker is there as well ($29,032.45 when new in 1997).....
URL=http://s95.photobucket.com/user/tbonegw/media/Ryans/IMG_0035_zpsiixapjcj.jpg.html]
IMG_0035_zpsiixapjcj.jpg
[/URL]
All safely tucked away for the winter, patiently waiting for its new owner to claim it:
URL=http://s95.photobucket.com/user/tbonegw/media/Ryans/C2EA00DB-05AD-4141-B440-E990F982C461_zpsgjz9gw93.jpg.html]
C2EA00DB-05AD-4141-B440-E990F982C461_zpsgjz9gw93.jpg
[/URL]

And....freshly clay barred before covering it....SHINY!

URL=http://s95.photobucket.com/user/tbonegw/media/Ryans/IMG_0034_zpsbjofxejx.jpg.html]
IMG_0034_zpsbjofxejx.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

Glenn W.

Established Member
OK................have to be honest here on everything this car needs:
It needs new windshield wipers, as the ones that are on it are the original ones, and they are as hard as a rock. Because its only been driven in the rain perhaps three times, never got around to replacing those...............tell you what -- you buy the car and I'll buy you new wiper blades......:)

Heavyfoot

Established Member
I've really got to get finished with this house purchase so I can buy something. Great car!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glenn W.

Established Member
It's been over a month since my last effort to get this thread to the top.......so here is another effort.
Folks, this is a GREAT driving, handling and shifting Cobra. Still sounds and drives like a new car...only better.
The full cat back Bassani exhaust has many options for the way you want it to sound, including:
Fully open (a bit loud for my senior tastes, but my son loves it this way!) Even in this setting, there is NO drone on the freeway, just a nice soft V8 hum.
Two different lengths of tubular baffles that have a set screw at each end of the dual exhaust. They slide into the exhaust tips, and each are about 10" long. One set is quieter than the other.
Two fiberglass woven sheets that you can wrap around the middle of either baffle to quiet either one down. With the quietest baffle and the fiberglass sheet, this exhaust is quieter than the stock exhaust, but with a slightly deeper tone.
So with two different set of baffles, and the fiberglass sheets in or out on each, this exhaust is VERY tunable to your personal tastes. Like you, I know that I've heard aftermarket exhaust systems that are beyond obnoxious. Bassani is the best sounding I've ever heard -- especially with the options you have to make it sound exactly the way you like it to.

94_Vert

Established Member
If I bought this could I drive it back home to ohio? Or would you not recommend such a long drive?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

94_Vert

Established Member
I guess I should've asked if its still available first?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Glenn W.

Established Member
I would drive this car to Boston today --- no problem --- weather permitting of course.

Users who are viewing this thread