FS: 1997 S351 R-Code

tgarlock

Established Member
Hi All,

Up for sale is my 1997 Saleen S351, # 0047. It is the only purple S351 ever made by Saleen. The car has less than 16k miles. The car was built by Chicane motorsports and it is far from stock. It recently made 550rwhp and 602rwtq. I am asking $18500obo see below for info and pictures:

Magazine Article featuring this car:

1997 Saleen S351 Chris Hoff - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

Interior:

- Saleen Recaro buckets in cloth

- Rare Saleen 5" monter tach

- Aditional oil pressure and temp guages on A-pillar

- Alpine CD/MP3/Ipod stereo

- Relocated battery to trunk in Chicane mount

- Saleen Roll-bar

- Custom purple harnesses that snap into mounts located in trunk

- Halon fire system

Exterior:

- Purple Paint in very good shape, car has lived inside its entire life

- Removed the S351 wing and replaced with Carbon Fiber S281 wing, S351 wing will be included

- Car has carbon fiber taillight bezels

- Replaced black plastic wiper cowl with carbon fiber piece, stock will be included

- Has Saleen SC style wheels with Nitto NT05R in back and NT05 up front.

- Has authentic Saleen centercaps installed

- I have added or have the correct decals the car was missing (saleen windshield banner, champion wreaths, #47 headlight number)

Engine/Air/Fuel:

- Lightning block bore .030 = 357 CID

- Eagle H-Beam forged rods and 8.3:1 compression forged Probe pistons fitted with Childs & Albert gapless rings

- Coast High Performance CNC Stage I-ported Twisted Wedge cylinder heads with 2.02x1.60-inch valves

- ARP bolts used throughout, including head studs

- Accufab throttlebody

- Rebuilt Vortech V-1 S-Trim to Si-trim specs

- Cog drive system currently pulleyed to make 13psi (i have an unused pulley to make 18 psi)

- Added Vortech race bypass vale

- Anderson power pipe

- Pro-M 92mm billet MAF

- 63lb injectors

- 255 lph pump with Kennebell boost-a-pump

- Custom PCV system with catch can

- Ford racing headers to a 2 cat Bassani x-pipe and borla mufflers

Cooling system:

- Chicane double-bypass, 1,700-cfm, high-performance, radiator/shroud, double-fan system

- Custom overflow system with polished catch can

Drivetrain:

- A Centerforce Dual-Friction clutch with the T56 six-speed transmission and B&M Short-Throw shifter with Carbonfiber shift knob

- IPS Ultra Sport independent rear suspension with 3.27 gears and Torsen differential.

- Penske adjustable remote-reservoir dampers, IPS springs, and IPS camber plates.

- Griggs Racing subframe connectors

- Front Brakes: Saleen 13" brakes

- Rear brakes: Wilwood brake package built up using Wilwood calipers, pads, and 12-inch rotors, along with IPS custom hats

- Custom SLA front suspension with Penske adjustable remote-reservoir dampers

All the pictures i have can be seen here, e-mail me if there is something else you need a picture of:

Saleen S351 for sale pictures by tylerjgarlock - Photobucket

Tyler G.

[email protected]

925-785-4474

Last edited:

boatcop1

Established Member
Waaaaaaaaay too sweat of a car to try and sell with a miss. Investigate, document, fix, report and sell. Car is absolutley nutz! I love it. GL!

AUSTINSCOBRA

Established Member
is this car still for sale? Give me another month or so and I will take it off your hands. Just focusing on other things at the moment. I'm local from S.F.C.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Congrats to the op if the deal was fair. It's very difficult to get fair money in the winter

S351R13

Established Member
Your right about getting decent money for anything. I think this one sold a few months ago though. Wish I had the cash at the time. Neat car with some history behind it.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Oh ya. Definitely a rarity. Saleens hold their value really well too. They'll all be relatively valuable given time.

I cringe thinking of what I'll put up for sale if I ever see one of these on eBay/fs (house, wife too maybe?)

a6cd0c28-bfe3-3341.jpg

Sr wide body is...godly but way outta left field price wise. Sadness kicks in and I give up the idea of ever having one. (Pulls out .38 and turns out the lights.)

But honestly those cars are going to be worth millions. I think 8 were produced.

Users who are viewing this thread