FRPS why is it still dealer item only still?

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
so Ive never seen this topic before but im sure its been thought about many times. why in the world has no one made an aftermarket FRPS!

between all the big names, someone SHOULD have made one by now.... but has not. there has to be a reason.

anyone got that answer?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I don't have the part number on me. My old one was blown so I didn't keep it. I do remember it being less than $100 though.

Don't forget that the GT's and Cobras use the same FRPS. Might be worth checking a GT price.

Last edited:

mr. b_98GT

Established Member
Picked up one also from Advanced Auto for $111.99 a few months ago. Made by BWD, part # FPS507. Still have the box in the garage, and it says Made in the USA on it. Receipt shows that is has a Lifetime Warranty too. Need to pick up a spare one and throw it in the glove box.

EDIT: Looked on-line on their site because I remembered I ordered it on-line instead of going into a store, and saw that I had it shipped to me since they offer free shipping for orders over $75. I got 15% off the price, so it was actually $95.19+tax, total came to $103.04. The Receipt has a price of $111.99 for the part. They also sent me a $25 off $50 or more coupon to use for the next order. Should have ordered a 2nd FRPS then; coupon was only good for one month. Tried to search their site for the part, and it's not coming up for me. Tried to follow a link to it from the order history, and says "Page not Found." Don't know why it's not showing up; might have to try in a store and get it ordered.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
you guys forget these ****ing monkeys they have working at parts houses now.

took me 6 DAYS to get the correct lug nuts for my car to put my new wheels on.

Just snag up a motorcraft one from your dealer. Buy the parts guy a pizza and get employee pricing for life. :) then if something happens you can just service part warranty it and get a new one. Warranty should be 2/unlimited.

Last edited:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
from what I have read the land rover uses the same frps and it's like 70.00. part #4458309

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/engine.htm

I wonder where that nugget came from...

Land Rover 4458309.jpg

Ford part in the LR box.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread