FRPP Relocation bracket issue

SVTStampede

Established Member
I'm installing FRPP control arm relocation brackets, and the metal spacers for the original bolt locations appear to be too long to fit inside the original control arm mounting location. Of course my digital caliper died on me, but they both are about 2 9/16 inches wide. This seems to be about 1/16 too wide.

Both the original control arms(Brembo package), and the BMR control arms fit easily into the original bracket, so I don't think they are distorted in any way. And for what it is worth, the OE control arms have never been off until now.

Before I spread the factory mount, am I missing something?

Thanks.

SVTStampede

Established Member
Spoke to FRPP this morning, and he said he has never heard of a problem with these brackets. Got my calipers working, and they are about 1/16 too long compared to the factory brackets(both sides).

As I have a history of breaking things, I learned brute force isn't always the answer. So just checking to see If I'm missing something.

For clarification, this is the spacer that goes where the control arms used to be when you install the relocation bracket.

Attachments

• Factory bracket.jpg
    Factory bracket.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 93
  • spacer.jpg
    spacer.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 92
  • BMR arms.jpg
    BMR arms.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 96
  • Factory arms Brembo pack.jpg
    Factory arms Brembo pack.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Norm Peterson

Established Member
Looks like you have two options - either resolve the dimensional issue with Ford Racing/Ford Performance as being yours are too long, or grind a sixteenth off of the spacers you have.

In any event, make sure that the inner sleeves that run through the polyurethane are just a little longer than the poly. Doing this will greatly reduce (and may even eliminate) the squeaking that polyurethane bushings are infamous for.

Norm

Norm Peterson

Established Member
I suppose there could be a third option - add a washer to take up any extra space between the LCA and the bracket if you decide to spread the bracket a bit. But this is definitely a last-choice option.

Norm

SVTStampede

Established Member
Looks like you have two options - either resolve the dimensional issue with Ford Racing/Ford Performance as being yours are too long, or grind a sixteenth off of the spacers you have.

In any event, make sure that the inner sleeves that run through the polyurethane are just a little longer than the poly. Doing this will greatly reduce (and may even eliminate) the squeaking that polyurethane bushings are infamous for.

Norm
Thank you for the advice on the bushings. I try to keep noises to a minimum.

I agree with your conclusions. After looking around I haven't seen anyone else mention the fitment issue, so I'm guessing my kit has pieces out of spec.

I sent the requested pictures to FRPP as they requested, but haven't heard back.

I ended up just ordering some BMR relocation brackets. I don't have any complaints about their other pieces I'm running, but I really wanted the Ford piece.

SVTStampede

Established Member
For comparison. BMR's spacer. Matches the measurement of the OEM and BMR control arms.

Attachments

• BMR.jpg
    BMR.jpg
    596.2 KB · Views: 91

Users who are viewing this thread