FRPP boost gauge is hooked up.

Silver 03 Cobra

I bought a dual pod full A-pillar cover and FRPP's mechanical boost and fuel pressure gauges from Diversified products. Total cost was around $160. The gauges have the BO and the "Racing" emblem in red and the needles are bright orange. they look real sharp especially lit up at night.

I spliced into the stock boost line from the info supplied by jtfx6552. Thanks jt. There is an intersection in the boost line underneath the glove box. I bought a 3/16 male "T" and an 1/8 to 5/32 female coupling to connect the 1/8 boost line to the FRPP gauce to the "T" from Advance Autoparts.

I also found where to hook up the isolator for the fuel pressure gauge. They is a Schraeder valve on the front of the passenger fuel rail. You will need a 1/16 NPT female to a -4 AN fitting for the isolator.

Ebbsnflows

Established Member
You're using a mechanical Fuel pressure guage.....inside the car? Obviously it's your car, but do you feel safe doing that?

mosconiac

Established Member
SilverSnake: If you are not using an Autometer Fuel Gauge Isolator, PLEASE revise your installation IMMEDIATELY.

Mosconiac

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
"I also found where to hook up the isolator for the fuel pressure gauge. They is a Schraeder valve on the front of the passenger fuel rail. You will need a 1/16 NPT female to a -4 AN fitting for the isolator."

He said he was using an isolator. I would love to see pics after your install!!!
:beer:

Steve Snake Driver

Established Member
Originally posted by Silver03Snake
I also found where to hook up the isolator for the fuel pressure gauge. They is a Schraeder valve on the front of the passenger fuel rail. You will need a 1/16 NPT female to a -4 AN fitting for the isolator.

I think you guys passed over the above statement...though bringing up safety is never wrong:beer:

Silver 03 Cobra

Yes, I am using and Autometer isolator.

Ebbs, an isolator is a cylinder with a diaphragm (dammit, I can't spell) in it. You hook it to your fuel system. Then you run a line from it to your gauge. This line is filled with glycol or antifreeze. Then if it leaks you only have a mess and not :burn: .

highmiles

Established Member
Does the fuel pressure gauge bounce around all over the place like the electric ones? The electronic ones only level out when you get into it.

thanks.

Silver 03 Cobra

I haven't hooked it up yet and I have an emergency so it looks like it willb e next week. I would think the mechanical wouldn't spike as much.

When I hooked up my boost gauge I was wondering if I had it right and I figured I'd have to go somewhere I could pull some boost to see if I had everything installed correctly. When I cranked the engine up my needle went right into the Hg side. I forgot that it showed vacuum so I knew right off I had it right. It is kind of cool watching it meter.

Users who are viewing this thread