FRPP Aluminator 46X

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
Just saw the press release at PRI that FRPP is releasing a Stroker shortblock for the modular 4.6's:

Fans of the Modular V8 also have a new build option in the Aluminator 46X Stroker short-block. Stroked from 4.6 to 5.0 liters, this short-block is assembled with the best aftermarket components to provide a durable foundation for on and off-road applications in both naturally aspirated and supercharged form. Aluminator 46X is compatible with any of the two, three and four-valve cylinder heads used on the modular V8.

du5e2u9y.jpg

Does anybody have anymore info like specs? I think that it's awesome that they are still developing parts for us. Hopefully this shortblock will come with the billet oil pump gears that the new Coyote Aluminator XS shortblock has.

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
LOL you reaaalllly dislike stroker stuff hahahaaha

A block full of soft aluminum threads with horrid bottom end geometry that pulls the pistons out of the cylinders, soaks-up heat like a sponge and is prone to warpage.

....................what’s not to like? :shrug:

LOL :)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
A block full of soft aluminum threads with horrid bottom end geometry that pulls the pistons out of the cylinders, soaks-up heat like a sponge and is prone to warpage.

hahahahahahaha!!! This is why you're smarter than the rest ;-)

Ironhand

Banned

That is why you use a 5.4

With a 6.65 long rod it wont pull the wrist pins out of the bore and you can use a piston that is 1.330 in compression height verses 1.20 or 1.22 for a 4.6.

Now just need a stroked and sleeved iron 5.4 and it'll be a beast at alittle over 370 cid without those issues. :beer:

SlowSVT

Established Member
That is why you use a 5.4

With a 6.65 long rod it wont pull the wrist pins out of the bore and you can use a piston that is 1.330 in compression height verses 1.20 or 1.22 for a 4.6.

Now just need a stroked and sleeved iron 5.4 and it'll be a beast at alittle over 370 cid without those issues. :beer:

Do they really extend the stroke of the 5.4 beyond 4.165? The thing would redline like a diesel.

Imagine the bottom end geometry and integrity of a 5.4 iron block with a 4.6 crank and long rods :eek:

It would weigh 700 lbs but would hold revs all the way to the Moooooooon

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
A 298 Stroker with the correct design, is a great engine.

I am happy to see this offering, and I am always a fan of more stroke on a 4.6 engine.

TVSCobra

Established Member
I heard from Steve at Tousely that FRPP was also working on a 5.0 longblock for these cars. no info yet.

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
A 298 Stroker with the correct design, is a great engine.

I am happy to see this offering, and I am always a fan of more stroke on a 4.6 engine.

I'm not fully aware of design strengths/weaknesses of stroker motors, could you elaborate a little more for me? I have heard of issues where the pistons extend further out of the block than is comfortable, is that where everyone's concerns lie?

CamCobra10

Established Member
I heard from Steve at Tousely that FRPP was also working on a 5.0 longblock for these cars. no info yet.

Talked to Steve today, wasn't very aware of the shortblock and is very doubtful of a longblock as an option, Tousely bought the majority of the remaining 04 Cobra heads from Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread