FRPP 80lb Injectors

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
Found this on another forum, thought it was interesting. These are available from some places for only $399.00

If you were running lets say a KB, Whipple or TVS as 16PSI with this injector would it still be necessary to upgrade your pumps/add boost-a-pump?

"Ford Racing is pleased to announce our new 80# Fuel Injector.
FRPP M-9593-LU80 80# FUEL INJECTORS (Pack of 8)
Introducing the new 80 lb/hr high impedance fuel injector from FRPP! Standard equipment on the 2008 Cobra Jet turn-key drag race car, this injector is perfect for highly modified 03/04 Cobra owners and GT500 owners alike. Our testing has shown that on a GT500 with stock fuel pumps, these injectors barely go above 80% duty cycle while supporting 700 rwhp at 40 psid fuel pressure.

As with all FRPP fuel injectors, complete flow data is available on our website.

These injectors are in stock, and available immediately.

Coming soon will be fuel rail spacers (M-8510-M2L) which will allow these injectors to be installed painlessly in a GT500. These spacers are also standard equipment on the 2008 Cobra Jet and are necessary because of the longer length of the LU80 injector relative to the stock GT500 piece."

Last edited:

rdsnk46

Established Member
Depends on the power level you want. 650hp would be ok with stock pumps but if you want more I would upgrade!

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
The only reason I ask is because:

"Our testing has shown that on a GT500 with stock fuel pumps, these injectors barely go above 80% duty cycle while supporting 700 rwhp at 40 psid fuel pressure."

And that sounded like it was possible.

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
The only reason I ask is because:

"Our testing has shown that on a GT500 with stock fuel pumps, these injectors barely go above 80% duty cycle while supporting 700 rwhp at 40 psid fuel pressure."

And that sounded like it was possible.

My suggestion would be to call Ford Racing thru the Ford Performance 800# and talk to one of their tech svc personnel. This way it's right from the horse's mouth! ;-)

jcthorne

Established Member
At the lower 40psi pressure requirement of these injectors, it may be possible to reach 700rwhp on stock fuel pumps. I'd let the dynotune shops play with them a while before counting out it but don't rule it out yet.

rlhay2

Established Member
Every car is different! But as you get above ~600rwhp without a KB BAP, you are very close to 85% duty cycle on the injectors.

As soon as the spacers become available I intend to order a set of the 80 lb'rs. Anyone know the height difference between the 80's and oem?

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Found this on another forum, thought it was interesting. These are available from some places for only $399.00

If you were running lets say a KB, Whipple or TVS as 16PSI with this injector would it still be necessary to upgrade your pumps/add boost-a-pump?

"Ford Racing is pleased to announce our new 80# Fuel Injector.
FRPP M-9593-LU80 80# FUEL INJECTORS (Pack of 8)
Introducing the new 80 lb/hr high impedance fuel injector from FRPP! Standard equipment on the 2008 Cobra Jet turn-key drag race car, this injector is perfect for highly modified 03/04 Cobra owners and GT500 owners alike. Our testing has shown that on a GT500 with stock fuel pumps, these injectors barely go above 80% duty cycle while supporting 700 rwhp at 40 psid fuel pressure.

As with all FRPP fuel injectors, complete flow data is available on our website.

These injectors are in stock, and available immediately.

Coming soon will be fuel rail spacers (M-8510-M2L) which will allow these injectors to be installed painlessly in a GT500. These spacers are also standard equipment on the 2008 Cobra Jet and are necessary because of the longer length of the LU80 injector relative to the stock GT500 piece."

nice find! good to know as I plan my up coming project

R1Lello

Established Member
Don't understand this thread, 72's have been available for a while now.........you guys think Ford actually makes these?? hahaha

skyhighsd

Established Member
Will the 123mm CobraJet mass air be available as well?

Ford claims they are going to sell all of the parts on the cobra jet so that we can put them on the gt500. I know there are a few parts on there I would be willing to buy. Just dont know when they are going to start selling them.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
So, who has them for $399?

Wiseguy

Established Member
The 72lb available are drilled the modified for flow. They can be made to flow more but reliability suffers. There is a 100lb Bosch that i have not yet received that is modified as well. [Told they work great] This 80lb injector is Oem tested/ commissioned and not "cheated" for flow. This is the way to go for fuel control, accurate spray patterns and consistency at a great price.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
urist told me that i need 72's for the tt kit and he mentioned there are 75 lbs out there but he stood by the 72's. this is a new territory for me, would these be an alternative for the tt kit instead of the 72's, also he told me that the stock fuel system would support the 72 lb injectors but if i wanted to go up any in power i would need to address the fuel system.

Wiseguy

Established Member
The 80lb Frpp would be a great choice. When you price injectors these are hard to beat,
You will differently need more than stock. Congrats on your new TT kit!

Users who are viewing this thread