FRPP 65mm Throttle Body

jaystang

Established Member
nice...makes me regret the L&M purchase. Ford Racing always looks better IMHO. TVS owners now have a great throttle body to upgrade to.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
And we all know the better a part looks, the better it performs :dw: :lol1:

Nice to have another alternative on the market though :beer:

6-Speed

Established Member
nice...makes me regret the L&M purchase. Ford Racing always looks better IMHO. TVS owners now have a great throttle body to upgrade to.
The L&M TB is a fine piece, I would have no regrets. The FRPP TB does look pretty though!

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Yes, the other one is 63.5 mm...this one is 65mm.

Last edited:

91svtbird

Established Member

You shouldn't have any regrets about your purchase of the L&M throttle body.
Not only does the L&M produce more power but the overall quality is superior to the FRPP 65mmCJ.
I am very happy with the looks, quality, driveability and power of my L&M TB.:rockon:

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
You shouldn't have any regrets about your purchase of the L&M throttle body.
Not only does the L&M produce more power but the overall quality is superior to the FRPP 65mmCJ.
I am very happy with the looks, quality, driveability and power of my L&M TB.:rockon:

What do you base that opinion on? You've had both? :??:
Explain the "superior quality" part?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
as well as the "produces more power". Isn't the Ford 65mm TB new?

91svtbird

Established Member
What do you base that opinion on? You've had both? :??:
Explain the "superior quality" part?

Yes I've compared both. Only the L&M has a hardened REM treated stainless steel throttle shaft that rides in sealed ball bearings resulting in less drag giving effortless throttle blade movement. Light weight Knife edged throttle plates for less turbulence and increased air speed.

While both are CNC'd from billet aluminum the L&M produces maximum air speed and CFM achieved by computer air flow models measuring laminar air flow which determined a superior designed air entry and venturi.

Last edited:

Seahorse

Established Member
Happy with the finish of my L&M too, much better than stock at least IMO...

DSC04881.jpg

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Yes I've compared both. Only the L&M has a hardened REM treated stainless steel throttle shaft that rides in sealed ball bearings resulting in less drag giving effortless throttle balde movement. Light weight Knife edged throttle plates for less turbulence and increased air speed.

While both are CNC'd from billet aluminum the L&M produces maximum air speed and CFM achieved by computer air flow models measuring laminar air flow which determined a superior designed air entry and venturi.

So you've not done back to back dyno pulls to show that the L&M produces more power?

I'm likely going to switch to a twin blade from my Whipple monoblade with L&M being my first choice but with the new Ford part, I'd like to make an informed decision. If I get the Ford part, I'll have to have the exterior powdercoated black. The L&M I know I can get in black...I don't really care about shiney parts.

Last edited:

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
Yes I've compared both. Only the L&M has a hardened REM treated stainless steel throttle shaft that rides in sealed ball bearings resulting in less drag giving effortless throttle balde movement.

Isn't the throttle balde moved via an electric motor? Do electric motors have a sense of effort? :??: :poke:

I'm just bored on a rainy day where I'd rather be out messing with the car, so don't pay too much attention to me here dude... :beer:

I think the reality of the situation that you'd see very little difference between the two on the same car with the same tune. Both are quality pieces.

91svtbird

Established Member
So you've not done back to back dyno pulls to show that the L&M produces more power?

I'm likely going to switch to a twin blade from my Whipple monoblade with L&M being my first choice but with the new Ford part, I'd like to make an informed decision. I prefer black so I don't really care about the shine. If I get the Ford part, I'll have the exterior powdercoated black.

On recent test done using the 2010 FRPP Whipple 2.9 750 kit which includes the FRPP65mm CJ TB. After a base run was done the 65CJ was swapped out and the L&M was installed . With no changes to the tune the L&M picked up over 30 more rwhp than the 65mmCJ.

I don't have access to the dyno sheets from this particuler shop but I can tell you that a major magazine will soon be doing their own test as well using the FRPP 2010 Whipple 2.9 750kit with a before and after the L&M....stay tuned for that.

Depending on what pulley you are running on a TVS equipped engine you can expect to see anwhere from a 15 to 25+rwhp gain with the L&M over the FRPPCJ.

91svtbird

Established Member
Isn't the throttle balde moved via an electric motor? Do electric motors have a sense of effort? :??: :poke:

I'm just bored on a rainy day where I'd rather be out messing with the car, so don't pay too much attention to me here dude... :beer:

I think the reality of the situation that you'd see very little difference between the two on the same car with the same tune. Both are quality pieces.

Actually the answer is yes to that question in an indirect way. The (TPPC) Throttle plate position controller controls the throttle position to the desired angle. The desired angle is communicated from the main CPU to the TPPC and adjustments to the blade position are made thousands of timies per second in order to achieve proper engine command. This is why throttle blade sensitivity and lack of resistance to movement is so important, although I do agree I'm sure that the CJ's works within factory specs unlike any of the brass geared TB's offered by other manufactures which have significantly more drag. All you have to do is pick one up in your hand and compare the resistance as you open and close the blades.

jaystang

Established Member
aaahhhhh... no regrets. I just like the looks of the Ford Racing on the TB.

I actually have the black L&M Throttle body and couldn't be happier.

Good information in this thread though...

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
On recent test done using the 2010 FRPP Whipple 2.9 750 kit which includes the FRPP65mm CJ TB. After a base run was done the 65CJ was swapped out and the L&M was installed . With no changes to the tune the L&M picked up over 30 more rwhp than the 65mmCJ.

I don't have access to the dyno sheets from this particuler shop but I can tell you that a major magazine will soon be doing their own test as well using the FRPP 2010 Whipple 2.9 750kit with a before and after the L&M....stay tuned for that.

Depending on what pulley you are running on a TVS equipped engine you can expect to see anwhere from a 15 to 25+rwhp gain with the L&M over the FRPPCJ.

This was the 65mmCJ and not the 63.5mmCJ?

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member

thats kinda hard to believe..

Users who are viewing this thread