FRPP 5.3 Shortblock

Brian Kuntzman

Terminator_mk6
Established Member
Good Morning Guys! To make a long story short I am afraid my 03 cobra with 124k is feeling a little tired. So over the winter may be looking into shortblock options. I saw on another page someone recommended buying the frpp 5.3 shortblock vs building mine. Seems that it will take all the power I wanna throw at it and the cost is not that bad coming in under 6k. So I was just looking for a little more information from people who have them or what you would recommend if its not that.

Way I look at it is If i buy a whole shortblock and buy 9 thread heads I could sell my long block to make up for some of the cost.

Ford Performance Mustang 5.3L Modular Stroker Shortblock M-6009-B53 - Free Shipping

jony51999

Established Member
If your interested I’ll have a fresh from machine shop Aluminator for sale in the not too distant future. Complete with ARP main studs, line bored and Clevite H series bearings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian Kuntzman

Terminator_mk6
Established Member
If your interested I’ll have a fresh from machine shop Aluminator for sale in the not too distant future. Complete with ARP main studs, line bored and Clevite H series bearings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe when the time comes we can talk about it and get a little more details about the setup. Keep me in mind when you post it up. I Should be compression testing my car one of these days and just seeing how shes doing.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The 5.3 is no heavier than what he currently has. And not everyone wants to take on building an engine. Or has the tools/knowledge. Plus theres nothing wrong with a little extra displacement IMO.

Brian Kuntzman

Terminator_mk6
Established Member
As far as weight it would be nice to go with a tekskd and save the 80lbs or so. However no pre assembled shortblocks seem to use an aluminum block. As you said the weight would be pretty much the same as what's in my car currently.

Users who are viewing this thread