Front Sway Bar Removal

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
I'm sure it's been posted before but my search function on tapatalk kind of sucks.

Is it as simple as just unbolting it and removing?
Just trying to get an idea of what to expect when I get under the car to do it.

What kind of weight savings do you get by removing it? I don't throw my car in the twisties so I don't mind not having it.

scotmach

Established Member
Yes it is as simple as unbolting it. It's a pretty good amount of weight savings. When I took mine off the car felt no different as far as going around corners. But I also run skinny's on the front all the time.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
If your going to take it off, get a lightweight radiator support while your in there. I have the UPR lightweight rad support and sway bar delete. I don't have exact numbers, but the weight savings is exceptional. As far as DD I can't even tell a difference.

YellowBlaze11

Established Member
Does anyone know what size deep socket is needed for the endlinks? I want to try this and see also if the endlink is causing my clunk over speedbumps or LCa, the weight savings will be nice also.

Holovacko

Established Member
I was on the fence about taking it off, but after doing it, I'm glad I did. Like others have said, you cannot even tell the difference. Unlike the fox bodies which would be all over the road. These new mustangs, stay straight as an arrow going down the road and handles fine. I also have Strange adjustable struts on a soft setting, still drives/handles fine.... With that said, I wouldn't recommend taking sharp turns at 80mph...

Users who are viewing this thread