Front SSR wheel problem

sndmn_2000

Next is a Vette
Established Member
So i got a set of SSR GT3s today and as i go to mount the front ones the brake calipers hit it. I have the 00r brakes. I have a 1inch spacer but it looks weird. The wheel sticks out past the fender by 3/4 inch. :( Any help would be great

sndmn_2000

Next is a Vette
Established Member
i looked at it even more, its not that bad. Ill take some pictures tomorrow and post them and tell me what u think.

Surubasi

Established Member
i ordered SSR as well and they hit my Griggs brakes, i sent them back...

If you want you can shave the top corner of the caliper down to have them fit or use a 1/8th spacer

Dave

sndmn_2000

Next is a Vette
Established Member
Keep or no?
p1010073bc8.png

p1010072hx9.png

p1010071dw5.png

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Look at the pic, the offset appears to be the problem. If the spokes were offset out further on the wheel that would fix two things. A. It would tuck the wheel/tire into the wheelwell more and B. would clear the Brembos.

1" spacer on a street car= :uh oh:

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
Look at the pic, the offset appears to be the problem. If the spokes were offset out further on the wheel that would fix two things. A. It would tuck the wheel/tire into the wheelwell more and B. would clear the Brembos.

1" spacer on a street car= :uh oh:

The offset is the same on all the 9" SSR fronts. Only way to solve it is grind the caliper, or send them back.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
If it were mine that would make the choice easy. Send the blingy deep dish rims back and keep the 4 piston brembos and find a rim that fits, but hey thats just me.

Coiled03

Established Member
sndmn_2000 said:
cant send them back, i bought them used

OK, then your options are grind the caliper, or sell them for something else.

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
That looks ghetto sell them or grind the caliper

sndmn_2000

Next is a Vette
Established Member
luckly my friend is a machinist, he will make a spacer for me. The thickness is .780 inches. And that is so close to the calliper you can only fit a business card between the space. So it will go in another 1/4 inch. The wheels look badass and selling them will be the last alternative.

s/c stang

Established Member
sndmn_2000 said:
luckly my friend is a machinist, he will make a spacer for me. The thickness is .780 inches. And that is so close to the calliper you can only fit a business card between the space. So it will go in another 1/4 inch. The wheels look badass and selling them will be the last alternative.
did you buy these of ebay...

Users who are viewing this thread