Front liscense plate?

Cobra-R

Established Member
Has anyone installed thier front liscense plate? just curious, Minnesota requires it, but there is no way I could bring myself to drilling the holes.

Andy M

Established Member
What? - and ruin those fabulous good looks?

Texas also requires it... but I would not be able to bring myself to drill the holes neither! I have been driving my M5 around for over one year with no front plate, and have not experienced any problems.

Of course, I am sure if I am ever involved in a traffic incident, the officer may take the opportunity to ticket me on this? oh well, just a chance I am willing to take. I am a purist, and as such I firmly believe that no nice looking machine should be blemished with an ugly front plate!!

svtguy

Established Member
I'll take all the no front plate tickets they give me before I install the front plate. My daily driver has the front plate installed but that car doesn't count.

BRIAN. PUT THE DRILL DOWN AND SLOWLY BACK AWAY FROM THE CAR WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. THIS IS THE FRONT PLATE POLICE. IF YOU INSTALL THAT FRONT PLATE, WE WILL BE FORCED TO SLAP YOU SILLY.

Paul

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by svtguy
I'll take all the no front plate tickets they give me before I install the front plate. My daily driver has the front plate installed but that car doesn't count.

BRIAN. PUT THE DRILL DOWN AND SLOWLY BACK AWAY FROM THE CAR WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. THIS IS THE FRONT PLATE POLICE. IF YOU INSTALL THAT FRONT PLATE, WE WILL BE FORCED TO SLAP YOU SILLY.

Paul

LMAO, There is no chance of a plate ever being installed on my car either, so the R family can rest easy. Am I free to go now, paul? :cryying:

svtguy

Established Member
Brian, I am going to let you off with just a WARNING this time. BUT, let's not have this happen again. This could have turned into an ugly situation, just remember that!

O.K. lets move it along now. You're free to go.

Paul

kevin

Originally posted by svtguy

Paul

lmao:D

wheelspin

Established Member
DONT YOU DARE!!!!!
Brian: My 93 is a Loiusiana car, and I have been driving it every day since spring. It didn't have a front plate, so there were no holes, and I will be damned if I am gonna put them in it!! I was pulled over once in Red Wing by a young bored idiot cop who hassled me a bit and then let me go with a warning. (OOOOH...)
The ticket, if they ever nail you for it with as little as you drive it, is like 35 bucks. Is the clean looks of your R worth $35? YES! :D I drive 110 miles a day between work and I have gone this long, don't sweat it too much man.
T.

:gt: :dw: :gt:
:bash:

:D

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by wheelspin
DONT YOU DARE!!!!!
Brian: My 93 is a Loiusiana car, and I have been driving it every day since spring. It didn't have a front plate, so there were no holes, and I will be damned if I am gonna put them in it!! I was pulled over once in Red Wing by a young bored idiot cop who hassled me a bit and then let me go with a warning. (OOOOH...)
The ticket, if they ever nail you for it with as little as you drive it, is like 35 bucks. Is the clean looks of your R worth $35? YES! :D I drive 110 miles a day between work and I have gone this long, don't sweat it too much man.
T.

:gt: :dw: :gt:
:bash:

:D

Don't sweat it Theron, it's not gona happen. besides I think I would get lynched in here if I did.:bash:

kevin

Originally posted by Cobra-R

Don't sweat it Theron, it's not gona happen. besides I think I would get lynched in here if I did.:bash:

lynched nothing. you'd be tied up and the car take'n away from ya and given to someone who'd love it like it was theirs.:D

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by tommylightning
Just tell the cop to wait a few minutes and the next Corvette that goes by without a front license plate, give him/her a ticket too!

Very true!!!

Users who are viewing this thread