Front License Plate Bracket

07 GT/CS

Established Member
Since I live in Wisconsin, I am required to have a front license plate. So check out the pictures. This is what I came up with. I fabricated the brackets from 18 ga. sheet metal and mounted a plastic universal license plate mount to the brackets. I had to drill 4 little holes (for #6 machine screws) on the underside of the front splitter that the brackets mount to. Sorry for the picture quality.

FrontView1_zps2f86b3f2.jpg

EndView1_zps42184411.jpg

Underneath1_zps131edd6a.jpg

FrontView2a_zps0531a2c2.jpg

Snoopy49

Established Member
Nice mount and fab job. I can't tell from the photo, but, is there a possibility of the plate bolts coming into contact with any of the grill or splitter plastic? If so, you may want to change the to a carriage bolt with flattened round head mounted from the inside or glue on a piece of rubber or some kind of cushion that will prevent contact do to wind loads.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Nice work.
We are required to run front plates here too.
I will take my chances!

07 GT/CS

Established Member
Nice mount and fab job. I can't tell from the photo, but, is there a possibility of the plate bolts coming into contact with any of the grill or splitter plastic? If so, you may want to change the to a carriage bolt with flattened round head mounted from the inside or glue on a piece of rubber or some kind of cushion that will prevent contact do to wind loads.

The plate bolts I used are 3/8" long, but I plan on putting a small rubber strip on the back of the plate that will stick out more than the bolts. This will prevent the bolts from any possible contact.

Users who are viewing this thread